• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak Players ignored by IPL - this is how democracy works

bagapath

International Captain
lmao how mature, I love how the haters have been able to prove the non existence of Afridis popularity in India, or prove hes not a top 5 2020 player in the world.

Too bad, if you asked any of the international captains in the world, they would draft Afridi in a heart beat.

YouTube - Shahid Afridi 100 off 45 vs India

YouTube - Afridi 56 in 26 balls vs Australia

uffffff are you kidding me?
mohammad. you are doing a great job of playing the village idiot. who ever said afridi is not possibily among the top 5 twenty20 players in the world? And even if he is one, how does that automatically make him a popular cricketer in india? the burden of proof is on you man. you said he is popular in india. tell us how you arrived at that earth shattering conclusion.

bagapath

International Captain
btw, whatever the shiv sena has uttered in this issue so far has been absolutely idiotic. they have been kindling the wrong sentiments of like minded idiots all their lives. the bal thackareys and sohail tanvirs of this world deserve to be locked up in a dark room with their hands tied behind their back.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
let me cut out the sarcasm from my tone and write what i actually feel about this issue.
- i think pakistani cricketers, if available, should have been considered for selection in IPL
- if, for political reasons, they could not be selected then the PCB should have been informed well in advance by BCCI to avoid the pak players applying for the job and then face the snub
- if the Pak players are not selected for whatever reason, the PCB should have asked for an explanation and not allowed its players to speak about it directly to the press
- if the players spoke to the press they should not have brought up the issue of religion
- if a player brought up religion in a negative way he should be banned from playing international cricket for life - because all cricketing nations have muslim, christian, hindu and sikh cricketers in their teams and there is no place for such troglodyte mentality in the 21st century
- pakistan should show some spine and reject easy money from an indian domestic tournament, especially when the two countries are going through a diplomatically itchy phase, and stop its players from crying over IPL rejection. afterall imran and wasim were far far more popular in india than afridis and tanvirs and they didnt need IPL money to sustain their lifestyle. miandad and zaheer abbas and fazal mahmood are known for their exploits in test cricket and if the youngsters want to bring pakistan cricket back to limelight they are better off emulationg them than the qasim omars or salim maliks.
- shiv sena should be branded a terrorist outfit and all its leaders, big and small, should be behind bars for life.

AaronK

State Regular
^ dude give it a rest.. by this time..everyone here is over this now.. If anyone recall or have read it.. I was the first one who appolgized for what tanveer said.. or what was said on that show for that matter.. average decent pakistani people doesn't hold such opinion..so lets move on..

I replied to u and all those indians who keep saying that afridi is not pupular enough.. indian crowd wil never cheer for him or want to see him..There is the article that tells u that indian supportar and average indian fan love to say afridi or any other batsman who play aggrassive cricket..

bagapath

International Captain
^ dude give it a rest.. by this time..everyone here is over this now.. If anyone recall or have read it.. I was the first one who appolgized for what tanveer said.. or what was said on that show for that matter.. average decent pakistani people doesn't hold such opinion..so lets move on..
of course... the average pakistani cant be different from the average indian, average aussie or average jamaican. the average joe anywhere in the world doesnt give a damn about others' religion. only brainwashed bigots speak like tanvir. you dont have to apologize for some idiot's **************** statement. i know he doesnt represent pakistan.

I replied to u and all those indians who keep saying that afridi is not pupular enough.. indian crowd wil never cheer for him or want to see him..There is the article that tells u that indian supportar and average indian fan love to say afridi or any other batsman who play aggrassive cricket..
i never said indian crowds dont want to see afridi or wont cheer for him. my point is much subtler than that. it is afridi is just another player in the mix. his presence or absence cannot mean much to the tournament. so claiming his popularity to be a defining factor is sheer stupidity. if the IPL owners dont want him they wont take him. no point in screaming about his supposed popularity. it doesnt matter one bit in the given issue.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
i never said indian crowds dont want to see afridi or wont cheer for him. my point is much subtler than that. it is afridi is just another player in the mix. his presence or absence cannot mean much to the tournament. so claiming his popularity to be a defining factor is sheer stupidity. if the IPL owners dont want him they wont take him. no point in screaming about his supposed popularity. it doesnt matter one bit in the given issue.
This is the thing that I could not put in words. Feel the same.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
of course... the average pakistani cant be different from the average indian, average aussie or average jamaican. the average joe anywhere in the world doesnt give a damn about others' religion. only brainwashed bigots speak like tanvir. you dont have to apologize for some idiot's **************** statement. i know he doesnt represent pakistan..
Completely disagree with the above. Sohail Tanvir is your average Pakistani. I know it sounds harsh, But that's the reality.

Beleg

International Regular
Completely disagree with the above. Sohail Tanvir is your average Pakistani. I know it sounds harsh, But that's the reality.
agree with the above. sohail tanvir actually expressed this particular sentiment in milder words than you'd hear on most streets.

and its not 'racism.'