• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak Players ignored by IPL - this is how democracy works

Sir Alex

Banned
The fools have started blabbering

The development has drawn sharp criticism in Pakistan. Aijaz Hussain Jakhrani, the federal sports minister, said he had complained to his Indian counterpart over the incident. "I have phoned the sports minister of India and recorded a protest over the unjust and discriminatory treatment meted out to the Pakistani cricketers," Jakhrani told AFP. "The Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs had given political and security clearance to Pakistani players in time to play. It is indeed a matter of disrespect to…the champions of Twenty20 World Cup."

:laugh: When since not getting selected to a purely domestic corporate tournament became "unjust and discriminatory"?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Pakistan hasn't been selecting Indian players for its domestic T20 tournament. I call unjust and unfair treatment :ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes the IPL franchises are free to sign whoever they like, and nobody is twisting the arm of the franchise owners to sign a Pakistani player, I understand that part well, but what I am getting at is that both sides of government (Pakistan and India) should sort out their problems, but let the cricketers play cricket, and give them visas if any IPL franchise wanted them.

Look I am not going to pretend to be expert on sub continent politics, but what it appears to an outsider.
From what I know , they already have the Visas. Visa issue is not there not anymore, its just that the IPL Franchise don't want to take the risk right now. It is the uncertainty over participation of these players because either government can pull the plug anytime playing the jingoism card.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What the hell.. so what has pakistani cricketers have to do with this.. or pakistani cricket..damn i am over this ****.. or else i would teach ignorant people like urself a lesson here.. well i have no time to waste on people like urself.. all i have to say is get a life..
Since you have skipped all the idiotic posts made by your countrymen, I suggest that you start reading this thread from the first post and then come back and let me know if you find anything objectionable there.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I cannot help but notice that some posters forget that it was the Pakistan govt that refused permission for their players to play in IPL2, not the Indian govt.

India have some racist goon running around making threats to the Australian players and the Indian government are condoning this behavoir so it dosent surprise me what happened to the Pakistan players.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Afridi's Manager Umran Khan :
"The Indian Premier League have been using Afridi's name and pictures to publicise the tournament and to build up the hype and he was expected to be one of the most popular players amongst the franchises,"

R_D

International Debutant
er. so how come the government issued the dude on the left a visa and refused the others?
Where does it say.. they were refused visa. They just were not picked by the franchises for various reason...

lol at the claims from Afridi's manager..

Matt79

Global Moderator
Sanz in "cynically using the Mumbai tragedy as an excuse to spout bile at Pakistanis in general" shocker.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Where does it say.. they were refused visa. They just were not picked by the franchises for various reason...

once again from Afridi's Manager :

"I'd heard prior to the auction that franchises were being advised not to bid for Pakistani players, as the players from Pakistan would not be issued with visas by the Indian government, and that is precisely what has happened" LINK

makes sense , the franchisees got a tip that the Indian Gov was not gonna issue the visa's , so they ignored the bids

AaronK

State Regular

various reason that they can't say in the media.. and if they say it they would be called racist, anti pakistan... since that is what they are doing..

Wasim is there because the IPL still needs the rating.. he might be there doing commentating on a couple of matches so just people of pakistan in pakistan tune in..

it is funny reading some of these comments from indians supporters..Supporting IPL as if IPL is representing india.. let me make this clear.. what IPL is doing doesn't represent what indian people thinks..and finally what low life politicians and government officials of pakistan and india think about this issue don't represent the opinion of average pakistani and indian people..So i have no idea was Sanz and other indian supporters are taking IPL's side and presenting the worst excuses ever.. the best one is the one that has mentioned about the terriorst attack on the same indian hotel in Mambia where the auction was taken.. he is somehow linking pakistani cricketers to the terrirost attack of 2008..this is similar to blameing Tigar Wood for the diseaster in Haiti.. Just because the guy slept with a couple of women.. he is responsible for the Haiti diseaster..I bet Sanz is going to come up with another rediclous excuse similar to this.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
various reason that they can't say in the media.. and if they say it they would be called racist, anti pakistan... since that is what they are doing..

Wasim is there because the IPL still needs the rating.. he might be there doing commentating on a couple of matches so just people of pakistan in pakistan tune in..

it is funny reading some of these comments from indians supporters..Supporting IPL as if IPL is representing india.. let me make this clear.. what IPL is doing doesn't represent what indian people thinks..and finally what low life politicians and government officials of pakistan and india think about this issue don't represent the opinion of average pakistani and indian people..So i have no idea was Sanz and other indian supporters are taking IPL's side and presenting the worst excuses ever.. the best one is the one that has mentioned about the terriorst attack on the same indian hotel in Mambia where the auction was taken.. he is somehow linking pakistani cricketers to the terrirost attack of 2008..this is similar to blameing Tigar Wood for the diseaster in Haiti.. Just because the guy slept with a couple of women.. he is responsible for the Haiti diseaster..I bet Sanz is going to come up with another rediclous excuse similar to this.
No one here is supporting IPL because of it representing India. They are just telling you why it is not a safe ption depending on Pakistani players. Another terror attack and there will be no Pakistani cricketer in India and the team is left with one wasted slot. No wonder they preferred players from other countries.

Shri

Mr. Glass
What a load of bull ****. How many state sides in the Australian big bash had Pakistani players btw? It was a domestic T20 tournament that had slots for overseas players too. If the players were as 'god like' as some of the posts here claim to be, the teams should have surely played them in all games. The truth is, the players are awesome when they fire, but it is far too inconsistent and I don't see any player other than Umar Akmal and Afridi getting a consistent run in any side ahead of other national players. It was a fair business decision.

Skillful troll is skillful.

Stapel

International Regular
There's a lot of silly crap going on. However, to be fair, Pakistani politicians, already barking about discrimination, should realise they are least partially responisble themselves.

Pakistan (or rather, its politics) has built its own reputation of utter inreliability. From an IPL business perspective, there is simply a huge risk in spending your money on Pakistan players.

No IPL team would deny the arrival of Afridi. But being just one, relatively likely, brain fart away from a political dicission he cannot join your team, doesn't make things easier.

Stapel

International Regular
Aijaz Hussain Jakhrani said:
I have phoned the sports minister of India and recorded a protest over the unjust and discriminatory treatment meted out to the Pakistani cricketers," Jakhrani told AFP. "The Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs had given political and security clearance to Pakistani players in time to play. It is indeed a matter of disrespect to…the champions of Twenty20 World Cup."
Doesn't mr Jakhrani understand that when he, or any other official of the Pakistani ministries of sports, interior and foreign affairs, most people in the world don't trust them to uphold their word?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sanz in "cynically using the Mumbai tragedy as an excuse to spout bile at Pakistanis in general" shocker.
An Aussie poster in "take everything out of context and forget common sense to bash Sanz" shocker..

FFS, try to learn some context.