Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pak Players ignored by IPL - this is how democracy works

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Hey !! Go Easy on my KKR. They were the most affected team by the non-participation of their top players that included Ricky Ponting, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Salman Butt and Md. Hafeez.

So, how well did KKR do in the one season the players did play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    So, how well did KKR do in the one season the players did play?
    100 % Better.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    The IPL authorities, franchises, BCCI, Lalit Modi and every Tom, Dick and Ramesh involved with this should have asked for the Indian government's guarantee much before they started all this talk of transfer and all. You dont invite guests to your house and then when they are at your door, refuse to open the door because "sorry mate, my dad refused to give me permission to open the door"
    So, any logical person, not blinded by jingoism or any other 'ism" should be able to acknowledge that the BCCI, Lalit Modi, franchises and anyone else involved with organising the IPL were simply reckless and irresponsible.
    That doesn't make any sense at all. You're talking as if the franchises are one single entity. They're not. There could have been the odd franchise who would have been willing to sign up a Pakistani player despite the lack of government guarantee. You don't just assume beforehand that the lack of government guarantee means none of the franchises are going to be interested. All you can do is wait for the auction to find out, just like the other 40+ unselected players who weren't Pakistanis did. They were applying to be employees of private parties, not state guests ffs. You guys are being too precious.

100 % Better.
    Hey, I'd be happy making 100% more money than what I make this year too, but not if what I'm making now is 10 bucks a year. KKR's problem is its local 'talent', less so the overseas one.

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Mate, what has happened, when something other than logic takes precedence over a person's mind, he/she tends to not listen/read properly. If you read my post, you will understand how the whole eye for and eye making the whole world blind thing works. India did not honour an obligation to tour Pakistan in 2008. That was the first shot. Pakistan responded by not allowing the players to play in IPL 2. That was the second shot. From my perspective, since I am not blinded by jingoism, both were equally stupid acts..and one should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity and also the fact that stupidity begets stupidity.
    How can you call the decision by Indian government to not allow its cricket team in Pakistan after what happened to Sri Lanka cricket team. Imagaine if that had happened to Indian cricket team.. would have been another Indo Pak war.
    It was the right decision after the Mumbai attacks, both sides of the border people were fuming. Indian because of the attacks and Pakistani's because of the way Indian media was pointing fingers at Pakistan.
    I don't think any of the players really wanted to go to Pakistan either.

Hey !! Go Easy on my KKR. They were the most affected team by the non-participation of their top players that included Ricky Ponting, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Salman Butt and Md. Hafeez.

You had the FakeIPLPlayer who makes up for that lot!!!!

Say whatever you want but I will have the last laugh when my KKR win the IPL3.

Banned
    PCB to lodge complaint with ICC after IPL cold shoulder | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

This is truly dire stuff indeed. Whingeing about non inclusion is one thing, but to complain that to ICC for not being considered for another nation's domestic competition is just incredible!

Said Ijaz Butt, the PCB chairman, after a meeting with the country's sports minister in Lahore. "The IPL may be a private and commercial enterprise but this issue involves the pride of a nation and we are going to pursue it with the ICC."

Modi played his cards even better by actually allowing Pakistanis to feature in the election. One gets reminded of "swayamvars" of the puranas, where several suitors lined up in front of a princess seeking her hand in marriage. Ultimately when one groom was chosen by the princess, the loser princes declared war upon the princess'es' kingdom.
    Last edited by Sir Alex; 22-01-2010 at 01:00 PM.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    What I don't quite get is why they were included in the auction in the first place - they had to have been nominated by at least one of the franchises to be up for auction.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

I think Afridi in particular suffered because he was in the first (?) pool of players put up for auction.

Its like this. Pollard and Bond were perhaps the two players on every franchises wish list. But the teams had a cap of $750,000. It was inevitable for the tiebreaker to come into play. BUT, you only get into the tiebreaker if you bid the maximum of $750,000 on that particular player. If you bought Afridi for even $1, you'd be left with $749,999 for Bond/Pollard, and $749,999 doesn't get you into the tiebreaker. It made complete sense for any team interested in Bond or Pollard to not spend a single dollar on any other player before they were done with them. Even after Bond and Pollard were spoken for, it left 3 teams out of the running for any other player - the 2 teams that had bagged the duo, plus Rajasthan Royals, the eternal scrooges.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Yaar, whatever, i am over it.........move on please......now its just "he said, she said....."

Moreover, i am a believer of karma......so whoever had ill intentions will get paid in full....
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 22-01-2010 at 01:20 PM.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

It may come as a huge surprise to you that this topic doesn't revolve around your moods. What gives you the idea I was addressing you?

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    It may come as a huge surprise to you that this topic doesn't revolve around your moods. What gives you the idea I was addressing you?
    And what gives you the idea that i was addressing you? In any way or form?

And regardless of what the thread is about, mood is part of what someone expresses.

Stop it with your dumb philosophy.......

What philosophy? Who's the one spouting the stuff about karma?

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information