• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play the Test series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1264031153​

Play the ODI series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266231158​

Sat Feb 6 - Wed Feb 10
1st Test - India v South Africa
Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur

Sun Feb 14 - Thu Feb 18
2nd Test - India v South Africa
Eden Gardens, Kolkata

Sun Feb 21
1st ODI - India v South Africa
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur

Wed Feb 24
2nd ODI - India v South Africa
Green Park, Kanpur

Sat Feb 27
3rd ODI - India v South Africa
Sardar Patel Stadium, Motera, Ahmedabad

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
I can hardly wait. The promos on Neo have been really good. They are saying it is a "World Championship of cricket" which is a brilliant caption for this series. I think India will triumph this 1-0.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
The two sides play a home and away test series this year.

Its a litmus test for SA ....imo, for Smith's men to be considered a "great" team, they have to win in India just like the Windies did in 1983 and Australia in 2004.

I'm backing SA to triumph in India 1-0 this time around and beat the Indians 2-0 in the return leg on the high veldt.
What do you guys reeckon ?
its unlikely the the current sa team with a struggling middleorder and spinner will be able to win in india ,there best chance was the last time they toured.

Shri

Mr. Glass
South Africa are a very ordinary team.
R: Rumors are there has been a lot of black grass planted in the...

VS: Yeah, I got the hair transplant in NY.

R: Actually I meant the pitch.

VS:

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It ought to be an interesting contest, but I maintain that we do not stand a chance unless we go into the game with two spin bowlers and ensure that we have a competant second seamer to support Zaheer Khan. Neither Sreesanth nor Ishant Sharma have currently proved themselves to be competant bowlers, in their current incarnations.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa might win at home later in the year..but I really dont see them winning in India. It might be 1-1 like the last time.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It'll be 1-1 if India decide to be generous. If one pitch is a flat road with no prospect of anyone winning, and two spinning wickets, I'd be ecstatic and back India to win 1-0 or 2-0. If Indian groundsmen go the Ahemdabad route, they should be fired, but then SA might win or draw.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its unlikely the the current sa team with a struggling middleorder and spinner will be able to win in india ,there best chance was the last time they toured.
I don't see South Africa lacking a high quality spinner as something to count against them. Spinners aren't the key to winning in India... unless you're India.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It'll be 1-1 if India decide to be generous. If one pitch is a flat road with no prospect of anyone winning, and two spinning wickets, I'd be ecstatic and back India to win 1-0 or 2-0. If Indian groundsmen go the Ahemdabad route, they should be fired, but then SA might win or draw.
2 test series, so can't have one flat wicket and 2 spinning wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why on earth is this a 2 Test Series only?

Test squad Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher (wk), AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Jacques Kallis, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe.

No Ntini..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah a series of this magnitude deserve 3 test matches, even 4.
I am glad Ashwell Prince was able to save his place..although I hope better sense prevails and he is given his place in the middle order.

kingkallis

International Coach
Yeah a series of this magnitude deserve 3 test matches, even 4.
I am glad Ashwell Prince was able to save his place..although I hope better sense prevails and he is given his place in the middle order.
Neither Amla nor Kallis want to leave No.3 / No.4 spots.