• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Hope rain doesn't spoil the test amtch. If SA can save this match. Kudos. They deserve being number 1. Else, till we meet again.

ret

International Debutant
What a performance by Laxman and Dhoni! They complemented the good work of Sehwag and Tendulkar. SA could pick up just one wkt. Steyn swung the ball at good pace but Ind batted superbly. Morkel was hostile too from what I saw till he picked up Mishy

On a flat pitch at Nagpur, SA bowled out Ind in some 60 overs on Day 3 in the first inning, here on Day 3 where the pacers are getting some assistance, they failed to pick up a wkt in 60+ overs!

Two Days left in the game and it's perfect time for the Ind bowlers to contine the good work and wrap the game!

ret

International Debutant
weather report said:
Wednesday
Chance of Rain. Partly Cloudy. High: 27 °C . Wind WNW 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 20% (water equivalent of 0.31 mm). Heat Index: 28 °C .

Wednesday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 18 °C . Wind WSW 7 km/h .

Thursday
Scattered Clouds. High: 29 °C . Wind light.
Tomm, there is a slight chance of rain. Hopefully, it won't mean much and the overcast conditions will help Ind pacers

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Allrounder Yusuf Pathan has been recalled to the ODI squad for the first two matches against South Africa, along with fast bowler Praveen Kumar. R Ashwin, the Tamil Nadu offspinner, has also been called up, as has Mumbai allrounder Abhishek Nayar, to the 15-man squad.

Opening batsman Gautam Gambhir is out of the series because of a groin injury, while middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh had not recovered from the hand injury he sustained in Bangladesh to take part in the three-ODI contest. Offspinner Harbhajan Singh was not included because he asked for time off to attend his sister's wedding.

Yusuf had made a strong case for himself with his eye-catching performances on the domestic circuit. His two centuries for West Zone - 210 off 190 balls in the second innings - helped them achieve the highest chase in first-class cricket in the Duleep Trophy final against South Zone.

"It's a great feeling to be called up," Yusuf told Cricinfo. "In the back of my mind it was there after I scored those two hundreds in the Duleep [Trophy] final. If I get a chance to play, I think I'm in really good form. I'm happy to be in such good form."

He strengthened his chances by smashing a century off 40 balls - the third fastest century in List A matches - for Baroda in their Vijay Hazare Trophy match against Maharashtra in Ahmedabad. That performance came on the day the selectors met in Kolkata, where the second Test is currently underway, to pick the 15-man squad.

The series begins in Jaipur on February 21.

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt\wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Sudeep Tyagi, Praveen Kumar, Abhishek Nayar, Yusuf Pathan, Amit Mishra.

Yusuf Pathan recalled for ODIs against South Africa | Cricket News | India v South Africa 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

R Ashwin ahead of Ojha .Interesting.

Haven't seen much of him,would be interesting to see how he goes.Another Tamilnadu player in the Indian team under CHIKA. 8-)

Don't know why Jadeja is in the team,though. for mine i would have Manish Pandey ahead of him.It's time to blood him.

On the other hand Abhishek Nayar and Yusuf Pathan are good selections in the team.Nayar if he succeeds in the international level gives India a medium pace bowling allrounder and will move the Indian ODI unit a notch up.

Last edited:

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Hope rain doesn't spoil the test amtch. If SA can save this match. Kudos. They deserve being number 1. Else, till we meet again.
Really hope rain spoils the match. Hope it pours monsoon-style for 2 days.

I haven't really ventured much beyond Maharashtra & Gujerat, but rain's pretty unseasonal this time of year isn't it?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Agent TBY, do you want ticket for F1 block for the 4th and 5th day? I can sell them to you at Rs. 500 each.

Sir Alex

Banned
Allrounder Yusuf Pathan has been recalled to the ODI squad for the first two matches against South Africa, along with fast bowler Praveen Kumar. R Ashwin, the Tamil Nadu offspinner, has also been called up, as has Mumbai allrounder Abhishek Nayar, to the 15-man squad.

Opening batsman Gautam Gambhir is out of the series because of a groin injury, while middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh had not recovered from the hand injury he sustained in Bangladesh to take part in the three-ODI contest. Offspinner Harbhajan Singh was not included because he asked for time off to attend his sister's wedding.

Yusuf had made a strong case for himself with his eye-catching performances on the domestic circuit. His two centuries for West Zone - 210 off 190 balls in the second innings - helped them achieve the highest chase in first-class cricket in the Duleep Trophy final against South Zone.

"It's a great feeling to be called up," Yusuf told Cricinfo. "In the back of my mind it was there after I scored those two hundreds in the Duleep [Trophy] final. If I get a chance to play, I think I'm in really good form. I'm happy to be in such good form."

He strengthened his chances by smashing a century off 40 balls - the third fastest century in List A matches - for Baroda in their Vijay Hazare Trophy match against Maharashtra in Ahmedabad. That performance came on the day the selectors met in Kolkata, where the second Test is currently underway, to pick the 15-man squad.

The series begins in Jaipur on February 21.

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt\wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Virat Kohli, Dinesh Karthik, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Sudeep Tyagi, Praveen Kumar, Abhishek Nayar, Yusuf Pathan, Amit Mishra.

Yusuf Pathan recalled for ODIs against South Africa | Cricket News | India v South Africa 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

R Ashwin ahead of Ojha .Interesting.

Haven't seen much of him,would be interesting to see how he goes.Another Tamilnadu player in the Indian team under CHIKA. 8-)

Don't know why Jadeja is in the team,though. for mine i would have Manish Pandey ahead of him.It's time to blood him.

On the other hand Abhishek Nayar and Yusuf Pathan are good selections in the team.Nayar if he succeeds in the international level gives India a medium pace bowling allrounder and will move the Indian ODI unit a notch up.
R Ashwin has been superb both with bat and ball and he will provide a lot of balance. Personally do not mind these ODIs a bit as long as we can get to see different combinations tried out.