• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you win more than the rest in a limited period of time, you may "deserve" to be ranked the best in the world. But that doesn't mean you "deserve" to be considered the best team in the world. ie just because mathematically, for a period of time, a team performs better than the rest, doesn't make it the best team in the world, necessarily
Yes, by that definition they "deserve" to be considered the best team in the world. Though at the end of this next Test, that may change.

ret

International Debutant
No one can do anything abt how the sides are ranked except for the side themselves. For those who don't agree, unfortunately they can only do that nothing more

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So, Boucher out.... this back thing does not sound good longer term.
I think the fact that he's 33 and has crouched through 131 Tests is what's not looking good long term. The fact is that Boucher was never going to last much longer anyway.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Disagree. They just deserve to be ranked it, mathematically.
We have a very long thread on that point, which I don't really want to rehash. SA drew with Eng at home, lost to Aus at home. India are the only one of the top three undefeated at home, but they are also the only one of the top three who haven't won against either of the other two away.

Up to you what you want to deal with that, but I'm not getting into it here :p.

CW Rankings, which are probably what you're talking about - it takes into account every single home and every single away series against every opponent, rank India as a third and still have Australia as #1 by several hundred points.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India must make use of the new ball. I know in theory they did last test and then got their ass kicked, but the pitch is said to favour the pace bowlers a bit. Hope they use it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why in the world India does not make dustbowls for all home Tests, I don't understand. No team is going to outspin India, so why not prepare for your strengths?

ret

International Debutant
Only change for Ind is Laxman in for Saha .... the dumb 2+2 combination stays. Again we have selected a line up that depends up on toss a little. Playing 5 bowlers also makes us less dependent on the toss .... If Ind don't win this one, I would be tempted to ask for Dhoni and Kirsten resignation :p

Last edited: