• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am talking from a marketing perspective as to how mouth-watering deal it is for them to have Sachin as MoS

What's right or wrong is a different discussion. You are giving your opinion based on your understanding of how a MoS should be chosen. To see why they chose Sachin, I would have to look in to how they arrived at that conclusion. But I wouldn't give too much weightage to the performances in the dead rubber to give MoS. More weighage should be placed on performances in the first two games
yeah.. I got what you meant.. I was just frustrated at the way it is done because I like to keep the cricket seperate from the marketing. As I said, if you want Tendulkar to be associated with your brand, sign an endorsement deal... I feel being MoS in a series is a pretty prestigious thing and it should go to someone who has had "some" performances throughout the series, including the dead rubber, esp. if the series is juz 3 matches long..

And on topic, for me, the real MoS is Jadeja.. Some runs but his bowling seemed to really stand out in very good batting conditions...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tbh, there are a no. of times when we such cheap awards being given in India... I am not sure why the need to play to the gallery is seen so much here.

OTOH, I wonder if there are comparable instances around the world where the player is seen as greater than the game itself... Sachin probably stands out there... I know for sure in certain discussions at my household where my cousins (one works for the media and other who works for a MNC in the IT side) think Bradman was a lucky **** who got all the runs coz the umps never gave him out and the fielders never bothered to chase the ball....

I am pretty sure in terms of real appreciation of cricket, we rank in the middle inspite of being such a cricket crazy nation... My dad often hates that term... As a nation, we are more player crazy than cricket crazy, IMHO..

Sir Alex

Banned
If it was the auto company deciding the MOTS, that is plumbing new depths.
Personally never really cared about MoS and MoMs much because of the fact that both involved a lot of subjectivity and a very few people as adjudicators whose credentials were debatable.