• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah I have a feeling the Indian batting is going to be shown up in Nagpur. I have never been convinced that Gambhir can make runs against top-quality pace bowling and this is probably the best pace attack he has ever faced. With injuries and age, the rest of the batting may not be so hot either. Hopefully even if we do lose in Nagpur we can get a turner in Calcutta and square the series.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I have a feeling the Indian batting is going to be shown up in Nagpur. I have never been convinced that Gambhir can make runs against top-quality pace bowling and this is probably the best pace attack he has ever faced. With injuries and age, the rest of the batting may not be so hot either. Hopefully even if we do lose in Nagpur we can get a turner in Calcutta and square the series.
Kepler Wessels speaking of the wicket today said it looks slow, low and will definitely aid the spinners.

South Africa praying for the toss and maybe some rain. Drawn series would probably be Graeme Smith’s finest achievement.

Dissector

International Debutant
You may be right. I was associating Nagpur with the notorious greentop against Australia in 2004 and the next match against England was also quite seam friendly with a 6-for by Hoggard. But this is a new stadium where India beat Australia with a bunch of wickets for the spinners on both sides.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
Yes, India will lose this series 0-2, and Nagpur by an innings.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kepler Wessels speaking of the wicket today said it looks slow, low and will definitely aid the spinners.

South Africa praying for the toss and maybe some rain. Drawn series would probably be Graeme Smith’s finest achievement.
Finest achievement ever of finest achievement possible? He's done it before.

FBU

International Debutant
The SA team I see playing

Prince, Smith, Amla, Kallis, de Villiers, Duminy, Boucher, Botha, Morkel, Steyn, Tsotsobe

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is JP Duminy's place never called into question? Prince is a much, much better number 6. Why not get a real opener in, put Prince where he belongs and leave out the little dude?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I'd go in with Botha. He's been a star with the bat and been consistent with the ball this season. Deserves a shot given that he can tweak it more than Harris.
Well, it's an Indian tour match tradition to go after opposition spinners and try to get them dropped so teams will go with four pace bowlers and then prepare a dustbowl.

I think SA should still go in with four seamers, but these tour matches are designed to make opposition spinners look bad..
You should pick your best XI. I would pick the extra seamer.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SA has superior batting and seam bowling so India's only chance is to play to where it has a strangth - spinning conditions

Anything other than that and it may be an SA win or but will probably be a draw

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Six out of seven Indian top order batsman are averaging 50+ in the last 14 matches....but a bunch are out this time, so definitely spinning conditions are in order.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why is JP Duminy's place never called into question? Prince is a much, much better number 6. Why not get a real opener in, put Prince where he belongs and leave out the little dude?
8 wickets at 21 against England would be the reason. But yeah, he is going to need to start making some more runs soon.