• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hashim Amla ~ Discussion

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yep, I made the right mental call about Amla the moment he played his first Test. Knew he would average 50. Shame I didn't create this thread.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cant believe that the Indians didnt watch or ignored (maybe just werent good enough) what everyone else sees

Early on, he plays across everything and a full, straight ball is generally good enough

I expect him to average late 30s/early 40s over his career and that will do justice to what is a pretty poor technique for a top order player
As I've said before, he has a dodgy technique guys

It'll be some good, some bad before a lot of bad towards the end of his career as his eyes fail him
good call

BeeGee

International Captain
does he bat in contact lenses? you occasionally see him wearing glasses.
He decided he'd play the first half of his career without them, just to see how he'd go without being able to see the ball.

His fans all eagerly await the time they call "The coming of the contact lenses."