• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hashim Amla ~ Discussion

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hash's escapades in India have moved him up to #2 in the Test rankings. Hope he can nail down a spot in the ODI side, had enough of Gibbs' consistent inconsistency & Loots is even more hit & miss.

His record's actually still pretty good in ODIs, averages 47 at a strike rate of 80something. Admittedly he did have some trouble against Aus, leading to his axing.
All-round records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com :huh:

He was only 'axed' because Smith returned.

nexxus

U19 Debutant

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Like i said when i made this thread, this guy is the next big thing

also Angelo Matthews of Sri lanka could be the next big all rounder

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
Indeed, I wish our youngsters emulated this genteel person. What humility! My favorite cricketer after Sachin at the moment.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I've said before, he has a dodgy technique guys

It'll be some good, some bad before a lot of bad towards the end of his career as his eyes fail him

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't say that's consistent tbf. Has only averaged 40-60 in 3 series. The rest fluctutates between pretty average ~36 or less, or awesome. (61, 78, 91, 145, 490)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Beard issue still needs to be addressed, tbh. Overshadows everything else he does.
Stand by this.

The bumfluffy bits at the side of his gob really ruin the whole effect.

Irritates me when people say it's a great beard; it's actually a shyte one. Mushtaq Ahmed has a beard, Saeed Anwar has a beard; Hamish looks a teenager trying by comparison.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was just Googling and found this pic of Hamish from 2004: :-O

Used to be not bad looking when he had some hair. Beard looks infinitely better too.

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good bump ....:ph34r:

Interesting read ... average in the mid 30s ... dodgy technique .... will never be a great player . Some big names in this as well.

So good to see I am not the only one getting it wrong sometimes ... :laugh:

To start with I think he is a wonderful sportsman - now that counts 80% already.
He has bags full of talent and he is a hard worker. Combine that with a humble attitude and a will to learn every day and you have the making of an all time great. One of my favourites right now without a doubt.

smash84

The Tiger King
Good bump ....:ph34r:

Interesting read ... average in the mid 30s ... dodgy technique .... will never be a great player . Some big names in this as well.

So good to see I am not the only one getting it wrong sometimes ... :laugh:

To start with I think he is a wonderful sportsman - now that counts 80% already.
He has bags full of talent and he is a hard worker. Combine that with a humble attitude and a will to learn every day and you have the making of an all time great. One of my favourites right now without a doubt.
yep awta

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that he is a solid batsman and seems to have a good appreciation for how to build an innings. I'd class him as a mentally strong batsman and think that he has what it takes to become a top quality batsman. However, a prolonged slip in form, which is well within the realms of possibility, may see him dropped from the team and not to return - and I would not rule out such a possibility with a batsman of his technique.
Pretty happy with this.

ProteasFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I just had a look at the ODI batting rankings and I noticed that Amla has crossed the 900+ barrier. he is currently on 901. my question is, is he the first player in odi histroy to achieve this?? no one in the top current 100 has a personal best of 900 or more.

EDIT: just noticed that he is the 9th batsman to achieve this. Sir Viv has the all time best of 935.

Last edited: