• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When will Channel 9 give us HD cricket?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, I could accept coverage from India being in SD because you have to watch it on mute regardless to prevent the commentators driving you to throwing heavy objects at the set - and, granted, the C9 team are not much better, but surely you can start managing some HD pictures soon, can't you?

I mean, SABC can't afford hot spot or snicko and they're managing HD coverage of Graham Onions batting out draws - and Angola is third world at best yet we're still getting HD cup of nations fun.

Come on Australia, time to catch up.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Sky TV-never lets ya down. Unlucky they don't have it OZ but channel 9 should have, it's where Sky gets all the games by the looks of it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd get Sky HD but I don't have an HD TV and it's just not in my price range

I was watching the first day of the Boxing Day Test (the England one) at my Dad's in HD and wasn't as impressed as I had been the previous times I'd watched it tbf. Watched a bit of the T20 last summer in HD and it was ace.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I currently get angry when forced to watch in SD, like Fulham-Stoke last week when Arsenal were snowed out - no HD cameras in time. Normal TV doesn't suit a 42" set...

Ah, decadence.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd get Sky HD but I don't have an HD TV and it's just not in my price range

I was watching the first day of the Boxing Day Test (the England one) at my Dad's in HD and wasn't as impressed as I had been the previous times I'd watched it tbf. Watched a bit of the T20 last summer in HD and it was ace.
Price range is coming down pretty fast. And if you want to see every laughter line on Jimmy Anderson's beautiful face you really need HD.

Apparently Richard Keys (Sky Sports anchorman) has had to start getting the hair removed from his hands because it showed up too clearly on HD.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Always figured cricket would be the best sport for it tbf
Also good for golf. I'm not into golf in the slightest but the Ryder Cup is a massive exception: usually just about the best sport you could ever hope to see. And golf benefits from HD more than almost anything else.

Also nature programmes, in a big way.

[gets coat]

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Does make that much difference to your enjoyment?
Not really. Bought a HD TV just before Christmas and have approx 70 HD channels but doesnt make that much difference. Better? Yeah. Much better? Nah. Worth paying extra for? I dont think so.

Saying that, I watch most of my cricket as a grainy stream so Im not really obsessed about quality.

Andre

International Regular
We get it in HD over here in Australia, on the 9 HD channel... Maybe it's just when the coverage is sold on to other networks they only sell it on in SD?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have had it in HD for a couple of seasons now. Haha at this thread ffs. Maybe you should be asking why they aren't selling the broadcast rights in HD.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Made a post in the match thread about how I loved watching Watto in HD fwiw.