• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reasons why fine dining > McDonald's

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't get me wrong, McDonald's do a nice enjoyable meal which is quick and cheap, and they get a lot of customers. But I can't remember any McDonald's I've ever eaten except for the last one, which tends to repeat on me at unwelcome moments.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Don't get me wrong, McDonald's do a nice enjoyable meal which is quick and cheap, and they get a lot of customers. But I can't remember any McDonald's I've ever eaten except for the last one, which tends to repeat on me at unwelcome moments.
Same, and also that there are too many chavs hanging around Maccies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would pick a fine meal over a McD any day.

That being said, I went to brentford away in 05 and had a big mac meal then went back for four double cheesburgers (I jest you not). Couldn't have fit that many fine meals in in one day, so McDs certainly has its advantages.

:)

slowfinger

International Debutant

That being said, I went to brentford away in 05 and had a big mac meal then went back for four double cheesburgers (I jest you not). Couldn't have fit that many fine meals in in one day, so McDs certainly has its advantages.

Meh-I'm a veggie so I get bored of having a filet-o-fish every time so normally I don't bother (unless for teh coke-best ever 8-))

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

But you passed up the chance of so many culinary delights on offer in Brentford!

The seafood van (been there with the same old women behind the counter for my whole life) is especially good, had an excellent Lobster tail on my visit, did not have time for the traditional pre match curry at Brentford Tandoori.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But you passed up the chance of so many culinary delights on offer in Brentford!

The seafood van (been there with the same old women behind the counter for my whole life) is especially good, had an excellent Lobster tail on my visit, did not have time for the traditional pre match curry at Brentford Tandoori.
I don't eat seafood of any kind under any circumstances, including potential death by starvation

Speaking of Brentford, might might might be able to afford the trip there on Feb 27th, beer IMO

Pothas

I don't eat seafood of any kind under any circumstances, including potential death by starvation

Speaking of Brentford, might might might be able to afford the trip there on Feb 27th, beer IMO
The 4 pubs need to be done, Sledger has yet to make a visit this season and needs to put that right soon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The 4 pubs need to be done, Sledger has yet to make a visit this season and needs to put that right soon.
Have been to brentford twice. Did the four the first time, but the second time I'm sure one of them had been turned into home fans only.

In the one I couldn't get in the second time they were doing "pints for a quid with your season ticket" the first time I was there. My mate had a right row with them when they wouldn't give him the discount with his Tranmere season ticket.

Pothas

Have been to brentford twice. Did the four the first time, but the second time I'm sure one of them had been turned into home fans only.

In the one I couldn't get in the second time they were doing "pints for a quid with your season ticket" the first time I was there. My mate had a right row with them when they wouldn't give him the discount with his Tranmere season ticket.
Was probably one of the ones on the lesser side of the ground, although to be fair I had only ventured outisde the Griffin which is by far the best and another pub (which I go to with my dad) which is not one of the 4. Have only done the others on midweek games when we have done all 4.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Similis:
Latine est melior quam Inglese.
Tantum vulgaris narro is.

But it matters not one whit, Latin is deader.
(I'm taking a chance that we're all vulgaris.)