• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reasons why T20s > tests

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Because you can watch the whole game from start to finish if you go to the ground

2. Because you can watch matches in the home season when you get home from work, whereas tests you miss the whole thing because you're working.

3. Because if it's a bad game, it only goes on for a few hours rather than a few days

4. Because you can take friends along who don't know much about cricket and they don't get bored, often they even enjoy it!

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Sitting in front of a tv for 5 days is a lot more unhealthy socially and physically than 3 hours

jeevan

International 12th Man
As President Obama (or was it Sarah Palin) said: "It's all about jobs" and T20 can create a lot more of them than can tests. Let's not forget that cricketers who are just past their best or whose best was never quite good enough are people too :ph34r:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
1. Because you can watch the whole game from start to finish if you go to the ground
You can in tests as well for 5 days, if you focus.

2. Because you can watch matches in the home season when you get home from work, whereas tests you miss the whole thing because you're working.
Set a tape & watch back the days play when you get home from work/school..Cant go wrong..

3. Because if it's a bad game, it only goes on for a few hours rather than a few days
Well maybe. But even if lets say ENG are beaten in 3 days, you will/may still get periods of that tests that are better than 3 hrs of the T20 game.

4. Because you can take friends along who don't know much about cricket and they don't get bored, often they even enjoy it!
True. But for me personally going to cricket match its to focus on the play, not an occassion i'd want to take friends or a girl out to. Thats football..

Shri

Mr. Glass
You can in tests as well for 5 days, if you focus.

Set a tape & watch back the days play when you get home from work/school..Cant go wrong..

Well maybe. But even if lets say ENG are beaten in 3 days, you will/may still get periods of that tests that are better than 3 hrs of the T20 game.

True. But for me personally going to cricket match its to focus on the play, not an occassion i'd want to take friends or a girl out to. Thats football..
Hahahahaha. Living up to your name.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can generally predict the outcome of a game before it has even started. Yay!
I love tests a lot more than T20s, but I'm curious as to why you think that's the case.

For me, betting/predicting T20 matches is nigh on impossible on occasions, whereas I feel a lot more comfortable predicting test matches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Middling players with no comparative skills get a moment of glory. :ph34r:

Being serious, one think T20I has going for it is everything is done with the fan in mind. I think Tests could use some of those things, like names on back of shirts, day night cricket, etc. Things like that really help the fans watch the game, without changing the essence of what the sport is. I would be happy if those things were moved over to Tests. I think in Tests, sometimes tradition is used as a reason by itself to keep something the way it is, without a compelling reason why. Even when that would change almost nothing about the actual game out on the field.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Agree wholeheartedly.

I love tests, but names should be on the back of shirts by now. Wtf?

If we have advertising all over the cricket stumps, we can have names on the back of players' shirts.

Polo23

International Debutant
I love tests a lot more than T20s, but I'm curious as to why you think that's the case.

For me, betting/predicting T20 matches is nigh on impossible on occasions, whereas I feel a lot more comfortable predicting test matches.
Perhaps I worded that wrong.

By outcome I meant it's incredibly easy to predict what will happen in a T20 game, I can guarantee you batsmen will get out to ugly slogs, bowlers will take undeserved wickets from rubbish bowling, there will be a number of sixes and on a rare occasion the game will be close.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
^ Agree wholeheartedly.

I love tests, but names should be on the back of shirts by now. Wtf?

If we have advertising all over the cricket stumps, we can have names on the back of players' shirts.
Yea, I mean those of us who watch every ball know who is generally at point and who is at second slip even without a closeup, but fans who don't follow closely are usually completely lost, even with a closeup of the face. It just makes it much easier to follow the game. I haven't heard of a single 'downside' to simple names on back of jerseys. I just don't get it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yea, I mean those of us who watch every ball know who is generally at point and who is at second slip even without a closeup, but fans who don't follow closely are usually completely lost, even with a closeup of the face. It just makes it much easier to follow the game. I haven't heard of a single 'downside' to simple names on back of jerseys. I just don't get it.
Yeah, it isnt as if it isnt done already at FC level.

Though, FTR, they are clearly the same sport. They use the same skillset and have the same fundamental rules.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
a discussion on t20 should be in the general sports forum...not in cricket chat...