• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
14 entries received so far:

Blakus
flyonthewall
G.I.Joe
honestbharani
Michael7777777
Nnanden
Noble One
NUFAN
Pothas
pskov
silentstriker
Simon
slowfinger
Somerset

11 different keepers in the draft to date:

A Gilchrist
A Knott
B Haddin
D Tallon
F Engineer
G Evans
I Healy
J Dujon
K Akmal
L Ames
MS Dhoni

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't really get the point of us having to make the keeper silent if they've all been posted now?

Himannv

International Coach
The basics would be that each person has a fixed budget to spend on their 11-man squad and for each round submits silent bids on the fixed list of players in that round. You can bid for as many or as few as you want in each round but can only get 1 player per round.

The highest overall bid received in a round gets that player, then the highest for the remaining players in the round and so on. If someone is left without a valid bid then they will pay a sum to be determined for whatever player is left over (equivalent to the highest amount bid in that round)
Have a few questions on these. Is it one round per category (wicketkeeper in this case)?

Just throwing this example out to see if I got it clearly:

If I bid $10,000 for Player A and someone else bids $11,000 for Player A, then the second bidder gets the player and it goes to another round where I can bid for another available player in that list. Is this right?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, what if I have the highest bid for both Akmal (:ph34r:) and Engineer, how is it decided which I get? Do we send in our rankings with our bids as well?

Also, is it a maximum bid? So if the next highest bid is $200 for Bradman and my bid is $500, do I pay $500, or do I pay $201?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Also, what if I have the highest bid for both Akmal (:ph34r:) and Engineer, how is it decided which I get? Do we send in our rankings with our bids as well?

Also, is it a maximum bid? So if the next highest bid is $200 for Bradman and my bid is $500, do I pay $500, or do I pay $201?
Obviously $500. Wouldn't make any sense to pay 1$ higher than the second highest bid. Might as well bid the entire $10,000 on every player you want then :p

Shri

Mr. Glass
We should first nominate the players we would like to have in the side and then the bidding starts later, right?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't really get the point of us having to make the keeper silent if they've all been posted now?
How do you mean?

The bids are all silent as each person only has 1 bid on each player. I provided a list of keepers so far so that people would know who not to nominate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Have a few questions on these. Is it one round per category (wicketkeeper in this case)?

Just throwing this example out to see if I got it clearly:

If I bid $10,000 for Player A and someone else bids $11,000 for Player A, then the second bidder gets the player and it goes to another round where I can bid for another available player in that list. Is this right?
There's only 1 round of bidding.

When it's all closed I'll list the players in that round.

What you need to then do is email in a bid on as many players as you want to bid for, don't worry because you will only get one person in a round.

For example, you may wish to bid $2m for Gilchrist, $1m for Akmal, $500,000 for Healy and so on for the other players in the draft.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'll go down in order.

The highest bid of the round gets that player, then I look at the next highest bid for any other players in the draft and so on till someone's left with Akmal.

You pay what you bid for him.