• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Very satisfied with that. Getting a batsman of Gavaskars quality for under a million dollars is always a good thing.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thrilled to get Sobers. :) After last round paying $25,000 for my wicket keeper I knew that I could afford to spend a bit extra on trying to get the best allrounder to ever pay the game, seems to have paid off.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Happy to get Viv Richards. Spent 100,000 for Akmal and decided to go all out to get Richards.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
For the record, I typed B Sutcliffe into Wikipedia, and he was who I found. And, until now, was the only Sutcliffe I knew of.

How very disappointing.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It will be. And I will stop playing. :)

EDIT: Serves me right for not asking constantly for more detailed player names... OH WAIT.
Bert still a very fine player by all acounts though, remember him getting some nominations for the top 25 batsmen of all time thing they did on here a while back

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bert still a very fine player by all acounts though, remember him getting some nominations for the top 25 batsmen of all time thing they did on here a while back
Yes one of New Zealand's most acclaimed players even if he does possess an unusual record of not having ever featured in a test match winning side.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Much more than anyone else actually. And that's something I took into account. I've spent 40% of my budget with 9 players still to go, but I decided on two things that I need most. The thing is, every side is going to be diluted to some extent because there are 17 people picking teams, so everyone will have relative weak points.

I wanted a base of two players: explosive batsman, and a pace bowling all rounder. I feel that if you have those two ingredients, you've got the best backbone possible and you can build around that. I think superstars like that can win you matches, and keep you in matches, all by themselves (as Gilly so often showed, and all pace bowling all rounders have shown throughout history). I want game-turning players as the backbone, and complement them with solid players as needed.

The fact that I got a top class wicketkeeper along with one of the most explosive batsmen of all time is just a huge bonus, and plugs a huge hole in that #6 or #7 spot which is going to be a weakness for a lot of the teams in this competition.
If there's anything the sheep draft taught me, its that the overall XI matters more than the core :p Even two poor players are enough to stop your team being rated highly in the end.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Good luck getting all your catches dropped (comparatively). Sanga's batting = not great when he keeps. His glovework = decent, but not all time quality.

Gilchrist > Sangakarra as a player.
Miller > Lara as a player.

Either way, you lose. :p
Oh we'll see. Gilly is a threat but Lara outbats him and Sanga is just better than him, as for Miller.... Lara (do I need to say more?)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very pleased to see 7 people pay more than I did to get Hobbs. Hobbs is easily in the top 3 players on that list.

Entered my picks again.