• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2010-2019 what will happen?

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Inspired by this

The rise of the US, the death of Tests | Decade Review 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Serious LOL at some of the test dooms dayer's. And USA becoming a cricketing nation please8-).

I reckon that T20 will still be around but less hype around it, Champs league wont last long, IPL hmmmm not sure. Reckon Ireland will get test status late on, around '18. ODI will be all good, Afghans qualify for 2015 world cup, impress and there are talks of test status. China cricket goes nowhere. Bangladesh to be a decent test team. Day/night tests tried and flop.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Tendulkar will play Test cricket past the age of 40.
Yuvraj will have scored more Test centuries in Australia than Ponting will have in India. :p
Pietersen will retire from Test cricket before he's 35.
China will remain as insignificant a force in world cricket as it is now.
The IPL will either deflate from within or remain restricted to a small window when the other cricket boards decide they can no longer put up with the unreasonable demands of the franchisees and Lalit Modi.

Howsie

International Captain
Ireland and the Netherlands will be above Zimbabwe and West Indies on the rankings, with Bangladesh regularly challenging the top teams.
Thanks for the laugh Peter English you fool, although I do agree with him saying 20/20 cricket will die out.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
So hard to predict. Who would have thought back in the year 2000 that the next decade would see the rise of a revolutionary new format of the game, batsman would dominate like never before and the new team Bangladesh would find almost zero success despite ten years exposure to Test cricket.

Who knows what may come next. 10/10 contests? Test matches played between USA and Canada? Cricketer's who can demand more money that the GDP of a small African nation?

Jayzamann

International Regular
You're all wayyy off.

Seriously though, I can see the Modi-influenced tournaments either becoming the cornerstone of development players in the future, or burn out as a hyped up extravaganza of wealth and happy slaps. Or somewhere in between. Would definitely have at least one player hit 10,000 test/ODI runs in the decade.

Shri

Mr. Glass
And the Ozzies will take the bait and explain on forums why it isn't biased over 100 page threads.:ph34r:

Dissector

International Debutant
Test matches played between USA and Canada?
I can practically guarantee this won't happen in this decade and probably ever. Test cricket really doesn't have much potential appeal in countries without a cricket tradition and sadly limited appeal even in some traditional countries. Perhaps BD could become a serious test power but even that is looking unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised the ranks of serious test play countries just stops expanding. To make it concrete I will be surprised if a non-test playing country as of today ever becomes a top 5 test team.

Shri

Mr. Glass
We have had 3 regular captains in the last couple of decades in the Australian side - Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh and Ponting. The next decade may see Cameron White and Michael Clarke competing for the top post if White establishes himself in the test side as no.6 batting all-rounder.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Andrew Flintoff becoming a commentator? Would be awesome considering his sledging in some youtube vids.

The_roc

U19 Captain
More series cancelled due to security concerns
England storm up the rankings
Australia learn how to loose gracefully
Lalit Modi becomes Indian premiere
West Indies earn creditable draw in 3 match series against Burkina Faso

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar will play Test cricket past the age of 40.
Yuvraj will have scored more Test centuries in Australia than Ponting will have in India. :p
Pietersen will retire from Test cricket before he's 35.
China will remain as insignificant a force in world cricket as it is now.
The IPL will either deflate from within or remain restricted to a small window when the other cricket boards decide they can no longer put up with the unreasonable demands of the franchisees and Lalit Modi.
Strongly believe the one about KP. But i doubt the Tendy, i think he will call it after the 2011 WC..

slugger

State Vice-Captain
NZ and Australia start Southern 20 20 league with 9 teams (6 Australian 3 NZ).

Afganistan storm into limited overs cricket and become known as giant killers.

Pakistan has not played a home game /series for over a half dozen years.. this starts to give the ftp format little meaning. thus...Ireland granted test status however a little to late as less nations have time to play test matches and only a handful of icon series remains.

by the end of the decade USA begins to est. 20 20 leagues.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adrian Barath to notch 20 Test tons.
Jerome Taylor to retire from Test cricket before the age of 29.
Shiv Chanderpaul to retire after the 2011 World Cup.
Sulieman Benn to take his 100 Test wicket in his 40th Test at an average of 50 and "look like he'll be a good Test bowler, because he's so tall and accurate".
Jason Bennett to finally play for West Indies, take 1-54 on Test debut and be sacked forever.
Kieron Pollard to average 35+ with the bat and 35 with the ball in Test cricket, after T20 goes bankrupt. :ph34r:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have had 3 regular captains in the last couple of decades in the Australian side - Mark Taylor, Steve Waugh and Ponting. The next decade may see Cameron White and Michael Clarke competing for the top post if White establishes himself in the test side as no.6 batting all-rounder.
:scared:

If Cameron White ever captains Australia in a test match I'll stop supporting them and start supporting New Zealand.