• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dan the Man

Woodster

International Captain
Yes quite an interesting read. A few years ago I just didn't get Vettori, in terms of why he was ranked so highly by people. I get it a little more now, while he is not a big spinner of the ball, his variations in pace and flight, and his abillity to out-think the batsman are partly why he is so highly valued. Of course now he brings so much more to the table for NZ cricket, not taking into account his captaincy and selectorial responsibilities, his batting has become a valuable source of reliability.

You cannot argue with his batting record of late, but he is such an unattractive batsman to watch, it surprises me he has been so successful with the willow. But I finally got his bowling, perhaps in time I may appreciate his unorthodox style of batsmanship (not that he'll care too much if I do or not!).