• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amazing Waqar Younis

gwo

U19 Debutant
whats are you trying to say prattpimmel
He's calling you an Australian dickhead.

Nah, he's just implying you type without punctuation (aussie) with the hate of Sehwag and Hayden (Richard).

Which, if you take into accounts the forementioned 2 forum posters, he's calling you an Australian dickhead.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't old enough to see Waqar at his peak live between 89-94. But in 2001 in consecutive ODIs vs ENG & AUS he took 7/36 & 6/59, two of the most electric ODI bowling performances ever.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are there any video clips out there of Sylvester Theophilus bowling?
I have footage. Been meaning to rip some of my old vids, might look into that one.

As for Waqar, well, I love the guy. Is the only cricketer I'm all fanboyish about. Can't say enough good things about him nor how it felt watching him bowl. He put the muscle into quick bowling, could bowl quick enough but it wasn't all about the pace. Absolutely loved his philosophy of pitching the ball up to see it swing and only used his bumper as a genuine shock weapon. Was one of the few guys quick enough to make it work and, obviously, the amount of swing he got was like magic.

One of those bowlers whose persona started at the top of his run-up, rather than just what he sent down. Awesome, in a word. Just seemed like a stand-up guy off-field too. If I had to pick a favourite player, he's it for me. He and Hookesy (of course).

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
YouTube - Waqar Younis fools Lara.

Haha, Well Bowled Waqar.

Please do share your favorite Waqar Bowling.

There is more behind this dismissal than just being an awesome yorker, It started from Peshawar test (1st of that series) where Waqar was dropped and Akrem played Shahid nazir instead (for some very messed up reasons that i m not going to go in details now) and Nazir took out one of Openers and Chandurpaul in his first 2 overs and I was like thats going to be challenge for waqar to get back in.... luckily Nazir didnt keep up with the first two good overs in Peshawar in rest of game and Waqar got played in Rawalpindi

In Pindi, you can tell from the way waqar was running in, that he wants to prove a point, beautiful run up, legs almost hitting his hips in his run up....charging in and he got Cambell caught at point and then Lara had to face the final ball of the over.....Waqar ran in and dropped one short which lara mistimed to midwicket with a Pull but still got enough bat to get him 3, Then came the next over, When Waqar charged in ( having 3 slips, Point and Wasim at Mid Off) and pitched one up outside off and Brian smashed him through covers....4....waqar bowled another pitched up out side off ball...and smashed again.....4 more....3rd ball of the over was also similar line, pitched further out side off and this time Lara's drive got him 2....at that time Saeed anwar who was at shot square leg...pointed to waqar that 3rd slip should be removed to put it in the huge off side gap and one could hear from a better quality video that waqar said "Naaa Naaaa Rehn Dey" ...meaning, Waqar didnt want 3rd slip removed.....then he went back and gave Brian that ball.....that amazing yorker, for which he has been setting BCL for last 3 balls....He had him driving throughout the over and then gave him the KILL BALL.......amazing bowler, to me the best fast bowler of 90's....I have so many awesome memory from this guy!!!!

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How do you even play at that?!

There is more behind this dismissal than just being an awesome yorker, It started from Peshawar test (1st of that series) where Waqar was dropped and Akrem played Shahid nazir instead (for some very messed up reasons that i m not going to go in details now) and Nazir took out one of Openers and Chandurpaul in his first 2 overs and I was like thats going to be challenge for waqar to get back in.... luckily Nazir didnt keep up with the first two good overs in Peshawar in rest of game and Waqar got played in Rawalpindi

In Pindi, you can tell from the way waqar was running in, that he wants to prove a point, beautiful run up, legs almost hitting his hips in his run up....charging in and he got Cambell caught at point and then Lara had to face the final ball of the over.....Waqar ran in and dropped one short which lara mistimed to midwicket with a Pull but still got enough bat to get him 3, Then came the next over, When Waqar charged in ( having 3 slips, Point and Wasim at Mid Off) and pitched one up outside off and Brian smashed him through covers....4....waqar bowled another pitched up out side off ball...and smashed again.....4 more....3rd ball of the over was also similar line, pitched further out side off and this time Lara's drive got him 2....at that time Saeed anwar who was at shot square leg...pointed to waqar that 3rd slip should be removed to put it in the huge off side gap and one could hear from a better quality video that waqar said "Naaa Naaaa Rehn Dey" ...meaning, Waqar didnt want 3rd slip removed.....then he went back and gave Brian that ball.....that amazing yorker, for which he has been setting BCL for last 3 balls....He had him driving throughout the over and then gave him the KILL BALL.......amazing bowler, to me the best fast bowler of 90's....I have so many awesome memory from this guy!!!!
Have to say that was awesome to read.