• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies domestic season 2010

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This starts tomorrow. I know a lot of people don't generally take an interest in West Indies domestic cricket, but I figure I'd continue the annual trend anyway. Appallingly little coverage by CricInfo thus far this year. Worse than usual, with just a schedule and almost nothing else. Hopefully it'll pick up a bit.

Anyway, the likes of Chanderpaul and Barath are injured I think. And Daren Ganga, Justin Guillen (the only white WI cricketer who's not Nash right now), Lendl Simmons and Rayad Emrit have the virus (like me) but are expected to play tomorrow against CCC.

A woefully short season:

Schedule
Umpire Exchange Programme

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Obviously I hope and pray T & T win but I really like the look of CCC's bowling attack. It's fantastic to see Jason Bennett back and his opening partnership with McLean will be deadly. Of course their deadly bowling is somewhat let down by Reifer and co......

Beamer

Ok lets lay the cards on the table. Here's my predictions for the tournament ahead:

Winner - Jamaica

Last placed team - Leeward Islands

Highest Run Scorer - Daren Ganga

Highest Wicket taker (spinner) - Davendra Bishoo

Highest Wicket taker (Fast bowler) - Jason Bennett

Best fielder (most catches) - Chadwick Walton

Mr Mxyzptlk

Winner - Jamaica (because T&T are missing key players :p)

Last placed team - Windward Islands

Highest Run Scorer - Daren Ganga (I hope, because it'd make things interesting for the WICB)

Highest Wicket taker (spinner) - Amit Jaggernauth (to rediscover his sparkling form)

Highest Wicket taker (Fast bowler) - Jason Bennett (I really hope so)

Best fielder (most catches) - Patrick Browne (if he plays?)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Highest Individual Score: Lendl Simmons
Best Individual Haul (Spinner): Amit Jaggernauth
Best Individual Haul (Pacer): Fidel Edwards, when he dramatically returns to fitness and form

Beamer

Hmmmm this is a bit of a stab in the dark:laugh:

Highest Individual Score: Ramnaresh Sarwan - Back at home, runs will flow before he jets off to Aus for the ODI series

Best Individual Haul (Spinner): Nikitta Miller 7/45 - Never fails to take wickets at FC level :laugh:

Best Individual Haul (Pacer): Kemar Roach - Will finally begin to dominate our FC cricket by destroying CCC with 6/35 (which would be ironic considering he would be bowling at most of his fellow scabs).

Beamer

Wow, your not wrong there. Just read an article where Garner & Ramnarine were asking for a longer FC season(12 rounds min). Assuming those calls went ignored
The official WICB line of reasoning for this is that they wanted to free up funds to re-establish an A team programme and enter an Under 23 team into the annual development tournament usually held in Australia (I think).

If true then I wont complain too vociferously but I severely doubt it will happen.

Are they using pink balls for FC matches?
Yes, but only for the day/night matches.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Like West Indies can afford to have an U23 team? By that stage you've already played 20 Tests these days.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Winner - Jamaica (because T&T are missing key players :p)

Last placed team - Windward Islands

Highest Run Scorer - Daren Ganga (I hope, because it'd make things interesting for the WICB)

Highest Wicket taker (spinner) - Amit Jaggernauth (to rediscover his sparkling form)

Highest Wicket taker (Fast bowler) - Jason Bennett (I really hope so)

Best fielder (most catches) - Patrick Browne (if he plays?)
Whats up with him?. Remebering seeing him vs SA & SRI 07/08 & he looked very good as batsman. He is the game to be a good test # 7 for WI i'd say, just that his keeping is probably not totally up to scratch probably.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Below average batsman and extremely average wicketkeeper from what I've seen. But clearly the second best behind Ramdin.

shivfan

Banned
I predict Jamaica will win again....

I also predict that Jaggernauth will take the most wickets, and that Brendan Nash will score most runs.
:cool:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Teams (placed in potential batting order):

T&T
Justin Guillen
Imran Khan
Daren Ganga*
Lendl Simmons
Sherwin Ganga
Denesh Ramdin+
Richard Kelly