• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If a side that's won 0 matches and lost 52 is "ordinary", do "bad" teams no longer exist?

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Ponting had said that, I swear we would have been on the 50th page now arguing about Lara Vs Sachin Vs Ponting.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha totally, we would have. Crazy comments from Sehwag.

Not factually wrong, but not something you'd expect from a visiting captain towards a host country. I could just imagine if Ponting had said that upon his visit to India. :p

Not diplomatic at all. Maybe this will fire up the Bangladeshi team and we'll have a real match on our hands.

jeevan

International 12th Man
If Ponting had said that, I swear we would have been on the 50th page now arguing about Lara Vs Sachin Vs Ponting.
probably because he wouldn't have said what Sehwag said on his previous press conference - something like "I was jinxing Sri Lanka by cheering for them." when SL came close to chasing down the 400-odd. Not everyone is a zen master like our Viru.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If a side that's won 0 matches and lost 52 is "ordinary", do "bad" teams no longer exist?
I don't get why you have to comment on Bangladesh's record incorrectly all the time. You've mentioned it for a while now and they've played 2 Test matches in this time and won them both.

Also obviously Sehwag isn't taking into account how Bangladesh were back in 2002, he's talking about now so a countries overall record doesn't matter.

Sir Alex

Banned
Got to love Jamie siddon's reply to the same. He says the comments will come back to bite Sehwag in the bum in a few years. :lol: I guess i can use that line whenever someone disparage India's chances of winning some golds in the Olympics.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I personally would have preferred Sehwag didn't call them ordinary, but him outright saying Bangladesh couldn't take 20 Indian wickets is okay. I don't mind that.

Just has to make sure it doesn't happen now of course.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I don't get why you have to comment on Bangladesh's record incorrectly all the time. You've mentioned it for a while now and they've played 2 Test matches in this time and won them both.
"tests" are different from tests though...."tests" are technically international competition but in reality closer to club-level cricket..they are 0-52 or whatever in test matches...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
"tests" are different from tests though...."tests" are technically international competition but in reality closer to club-level cricket..they are 0-52 or whatever in test matches...
Well this current Bangladesh team has only played 1 Test (excluding the series victory) in the past year.

Also, Bangladesh have beaten Zimbabwe before, spose that was a club-level match.

cricman

International 12th Man
Shakib you are not Captaincy Material

Letting the Deepest Lineup in the World Bat vs the Likes of Shahdat Hossian in a day 1 pitch.

I don't care about the Overcast, this is not South Africa

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Islam bowled a very good first over in Test Cricket.

I don't think it's a bad move by Shakib, as like Sehwag has said, 20 Indian Wickets will be tough so they might as well bowl when the conditions are the best for bowling.

Also, I don't think India have the deepest lineup today with Dhoni and Harbajhan out injured.