• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hollywood Cricket

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Former England captain CA "Round the Corner" Smith started the Hollywood Cricket Club although I've no doubt the movie envisaged by the OP would be much better than any of his

Who's in line to play Brian Close?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Former England captain CA "Round the Corner" Smith started the Hollywood Cricket Club although I've no doubt the movie envisaged by the OP would be much better than any of his

Who's in line to play Brian Close?
You'd need a seance or a spade, but Brian Glover was made for the part.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd need a seance or a spade, but Brian Glover was made for the part.
Hmmmmmmm - although he's nearly 79 I cant help thinking that Closey is such a one-off he'd have to play himself - that said doubtless in these safety conscious days his refusal to wear protective equipment would scupper that idea though

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashes 2005?

Working Title: Swingers

Michael Vaughan..........Michael Vartan obviously

Simon Jones..........Christian Bale, as no one else is awesome enough; Greatest Living Welshman

Ricky Ponting..........Josh Brolin, because if he can do Bush, he can do Ponting; definite upgrade though

Shane Warne..........Brad Pitt...let's be open-minded here...

Freddie..........Will Smith...reinventing the role for 2010, because racial diversity is cool

Mr Mxyzptlk

Steve Harmison..........Jason Segel...he has the size and the shoulders

Ashley Giles..........Steve Coogan

Adam Gilchrist..........Joshua Jackson; because Will Smith's been taken

Mr Mxyzptlk

Paul Collingwood..........Paul Bettany, of course

Michael Clarke..........Meryl Streep, to guarantee Oscar buzz

Geraint..........Matt Czuchry, of Gilmore Girls fame

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Trying to think of who'd play the Bodyline protagonists in the big Hollywood epic.

Geoffrey Rush as Bill Ponsford - the dignified and noble Aussie captain; anguished and stricken with doubt. Lots of shots of him staring into the middle distance nobly. & with dignity.

Russell Crowe as Vic Richardson - the hot-headed vice-captain who swears a lot, probably enjoys a beer and wants to fight fire with fire.

Tom Cruise as Don Bradman - the weird, avaricious ("show me the money") short-arse, just recovering from a breakdown, unpopular with friend and foe alike, who is accorded grudging respect because of the figures he puts on the board.

Heath Ledger as Archie Jackson - Doomed boy genius, nuff said.

Ralph Fiennes as Douglas Jardine - In full-on Schlinder's List, evil loon mode. Grins evilly when Bert Oldfield (played by Bambi) is hit and shoots at Australian children from the pavilion balcony. Possibly strangles puppies as a hobby.

Sean Bean as Harold Larwood - Only northerner in Hollywood. Starts every sentence with "'appen" or "Thou" and touches forelock a lot.

Hugh Grant as Plum Warner - Bumbling posh bloke who inflames the situation by being posh and bumbling.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ralph Fiennes as Douglas Jardine - In full-on Schlinder's List, evil loon mode. Grins evilly when Bert Oldfield (played by Bambi) is hit and shoots at Australian children from the pavilion balcony. Possibly strangles puppies as a hobby.
:laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

This film mentions Cricket a few times I think........I saw the dvd in HMV a few months back, looks like one of the worst horror/comedy-horror movies ever made. May be worth a watch for the lolz. Here's a little write up of the basic plot:

"After being bullied and beaten by teammates 20 years earlier, a cricketer returns to get revenge. One by one the killer slashes his ex-teammates to ribbons. Scotland Yard is called upon to help hunt the killer that is terrorizing the team and all of Australia.

Team members are relocated to a safe-house that is not too safe! You will need a score card to keep up with the body count as the shocking rampage turns the game of Cricket into a blood sport!"

Sounds like a classic. :laugh:
I've seen it.

It is so bad its hilarious.