• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top individual performances of the decade

bagapath

International Captain
Top individual performances of the 00s

Tests

Batting

Laxman's 281 Vs Aus in Kolkatta

Bowling

Akhthar's 5-16 Vs Aus in Colombo

ODIs

Batting

Gilchrist's century in the WC 2007 final against SL

Bowling

Murali's 7-30 against India in Sharjah

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
If those pertain to a single test match and not a series I presume, then,

400* and Bhajji's efforts

Shri

Mr. Glass
The best batting and bowling performance in my opinion came in the same series. Laxman's 281 and Harbhajan's bowling in that series in which he also got an 8fer.

In the ODIs there are 2 innings which I can't seperate at the top: Dhoni's 183* while chasing a total against SL and Gibbs' 175 in that Jo'burg match against Australia. Best bowling performance has to be that Vaas spell against Zimbabwe where he got 8/19.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Tests: Laxman's 281, Harbhajan single handedly dismissing Australia in 2001.
ODIs: Gibbs' 175,
T20Is: Yuvraj 70 off 30, 2007 T20WC SF vs Australia, ??

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Wasn't even good enough to win him the overall MOTS award tbh :p
Probably because of the result of the series. It should've been his IMO. He even did pretty well with the bat. Only scored 150 less runs in the series than Freddy but oodles more wickets and much cheaper.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasn't even good enough to win him the overall MOTS award tbh :p
I was dirty about that at the time. Warne made 249 runs and took 40 wickets in a 5 match series. That is just ridiculous. Much better than Flintoffs 400 runs and 26 wickets :ph34r:

Was probably the best Warne ever bowled after 1997.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Probably because of the result of the series. It should've been his IMO. He even did pretty well with the bat. Only scored 150 less runs in the series than Freddy but oodles more wickets and much cheaper.
I was dirty about that at the time. Warne made 249 runs and took 40 wickets in a 5 match series. That is just ridiculous. Much better than Flintoffs 400 runs and 26 wickets :ph34r:

Was probably the best Warne ever bowled after 1997.
Was about dead even for mine on who had the better series in all honesty. I agree with Ikki that had Australia won the series Warne would have got the award, but I don't think either of them really could have felt aggrieved with the other getting it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne in Sri Lanka in 04 comes very close. Possibly even better since the Sri Lankans can actualy play spin.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Was about dead even for mine on who had the better series in all honesty. I agree with Ikki that had Australia won the series Warne would have got the award, but I don't think either of them really could have felt aggrieved with the other getting it.
Like stephan I was pissed off when Flintoff got it; in hindisight yes I wouldn't be "aggrieved" but I still contend the only reason that series was even competitive was because of Warne. He had far less help. But yes, it'd be disingenuous to say Flintoff was unworthy.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AWTA. Was only dirty because Warne's bowling was so pleasing on the eye.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ball of the decade:
Taylor to Pietersen @ Sabina

Ball (out of the rough) of the decade:
Warne to Strauss @ Old Trafford (?)

Catch of the Decade:
Voges (was it?) against some team or other

All very specific stuff, I know.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm going with specific matches, so you can't just say Harbhajan 2001 or Warne 2005 Ashes.

Batting

Tests definitely Laxman.

ODIs I am split between Ponting in the 2003 World Cup Final and Gibbs in the famous chase of 434.

Ponting's may be slightly better as back in early 2003 no one knew such an innings was possible. 350 wasn't even thought of.

Gibbs' knock was special because of the fact that its the one innings I've seen where someone was completely and utterly in the zone. As if everything else around him was useless. He could have been chasing 550 for all he cared, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Bowling

In tests its Murali 8-70 vs. England. God-like. Single-handedly won them the match.

ODIs I'd go with Mendis' 6-13 against India in the Asia Cup final. Bichel against England in the 2003 World Cup a close 2nd.