• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Haddin

Is Brad Haddin Australia's best wicket-keeping option?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Paine's keeping has looked good at international level, but his FC record is not much more than OK. I think we should give him more time - he has plenty already.
Looked very ordinary in the Nat West series up here. On the evidence I've seen of the two I'd rate Haddin's keeping as better.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looked very ordinary in the Nat West series up here. On the evidence I've seen of the two I'd rate Haddin's keeping as better.
Ordinary implies that Paine was somewhere in the middle. His keeping just looked really poor to me.

pasag

RTDAS
Australia has a tradition for good to great wicket keepers. Brad Haddin is a blot on that. Its immaterial how good a batsman he is, his primary job is keeping. If this is the best he can do maybe Australia should ask Mr cricket to take up the gloves. It cant take his very long to get up to Haddin's level. Dravid didn't do a bad job as a front line batsman who "learnt wicket keeping" to a "chalta hai" (will do) level.
I'd like to see Hussey or Dhoni take the screamer that Haddin took last week that changed the match and contributed heavily in us winning the Test.

Sir Alex

Banned
I'd like to see Hussey or Dhoni take the screamer that Haddin took last week that changed the match and contributed heavily in us winning the Test.
You wont find Dhoni taking deliveries in front of stumps or throwing gloves at balls to stop them. :tongue:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia has a tradition for good to great wicket keepers. Brad Haddin is a blot on that. Its immaterial how good a batsman he is, his primary job is keeping. If this is the best he can do maybe Australia should ask Mr cricket to take up the gloves. It cant take his very long to get up to Haddin's level. Dravid didn't do a bad job as a front line batsman who "learnt wicket keeping" to a "chalta hai" (will do) level.
well, first off the 'trend' is questionable. Between two greats, marsh and healy, oz had rixon, phillips, dyer and zoerher behind the sticks, none of them better than haddin and a couple worse. Second, as jack said, he's not the best pure keeper in the country but the combo of keeping plus batting and leadership he brings makes him an essential pick. That and his keeping, while not great, is largely sound. Getting the huss to keep is a woeful idea, especially since he's been so gun at gully.

Last edited:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
I wish that I had watched more of the Natwest Series other than highlights, but I thought that Paine looked good when I did get to see him properly at international level. Cricket pundits on Australian forums were also talking him up (even though from experience, quite a few of those posters would be trolls over here).

http://www.********.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633526&highlight=tim+paine&page=3

But in the end, he needs more time to develop - his FC record is just OK at best.

EDIT: That word is filtered?

Last edited: