• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Tickets 2010/11

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Myself and a few mates are planning coming down to Aus next winter for the Melbourne and Sydney tests on Boxing Day and New Year's. The various tasks - i.e. flights, accommodation, tickets are being split around and it's my job to figure out how the ticketing works. Can anyone give me any tips?

pasag

RTDAS
Havent come out yet.

Sign up to the Australian newsletter on cricket.com.au and they give you a heads up and possibly even early access to tickets. Sold out last time very quickly so you have to be on the ball.

Edit: http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=tickets <- sign up to the cricket family.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never mind tickets, have an afternoon off and come and get on the cans.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wouldn't you prefer to get on the VB Mid-strengths at the game
Haha, god they are bad. I declared pretty early yesterday; just couldn't cop it. I think they were even flatter than normal, which is really saying something.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, god they are bad. I declared pretty early yesterday; just couldn't cop it. I think they were even flatter than normal, which is really saying something.
The key is to have a few beers beforehand so you can't tell how flat they are. I had a few at tea gardens and the Olympic beforehand and ended up declaring around 5.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The key is to have a few beers beforehand so you can't tell how flat they are. I had a few at tea gardens and the Olympic beforehand and ended up declaring around 5.
Yeah solid option. I thought I'd be able to cop it after I'd had two or three of them, but no. It's not so much the flavour as such but the fact that they have the consistency of cordial. Didn't think they were as bad last year.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah solid option. I thought I'd be able to cop it after I'd had two or three of them, but no. It's not so much the flavour as such but the fact that they have the consistency of cordial. Didn't think they were as bad last year.
Really? I thought they were manageable this year. Where abouts were you sitting?

Josh

International Regular
Boxing Day is always awful. But we've started a tradition. 9 each in '08 and 14 each in '09. I hope it doesn't grow exponentially for next year; there's only so much VB I can handle. It is the only day I ever touch the horrid stuff.

Going the flask next time :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Myself and a few mates are planning coming down to Aus next winter for the Melbourne and Sydney tests on Boxing Day and New Year's. The various tasks - i.e. flights, accommodation, tickets are being split around and it's my job to figure out how the ticketing works. Can anyone give me any tips?
Think I read somewhere that tickets go on sale in June/July.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Counting down, it's getting closer...

Trying to get the balance right for tickets. Apparently there is a pre-buying window for ACF members with Australian addresses from 14 July before general sale on 20 July. This leaves us in a little bit of limbo... unless someone is keen to buy tickets, mail them half way across the world and get paid via paypal for their troubles?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
5th Test at Sydney looks potentially the best for me.

Out of interest, can anyone from those parts tell me who the best person to contact if I fancied having a bowl at the guys before the game? I will not get in touch until tickets are booked but as we were on the topic I thought it worth asking.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I know that Cricket Victoria looks after net bowlers in preparation for the Boxing Day Test, and send out requests to all the District clubs.

I'd assume that something similar would operate in NSW, so contacting someone from Cricket NSW would be the best way of going about it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I know that Cricket Victoria looks after net bowlers in preparation for the Boxing Day Test, and send out requests to all the District clubs.

I'd assume that something similar would operate in NSW, so contacting someone from Cricket NSW would be the best way of going about it.
Yeah, I thought someone may have a name. Good to know they are looking for people though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Given that it will be 4-0 England by then I imagine the Aussies will be seeking out Goughy's eligibility as they'll need someone to replace that overrated hack Johnson whose mother will have had him in tears by day 2 Brisbane