• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Chennai have easily been the best team over the 3 seasons.

Raina having a big say in that. Best IPL batsman by a fair bit over the 3 years.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Well done Chennai IPL Champions of 2010.
Didn't fluff their lines{read choke} like the team who topped the league.
And well done Joe Pesci.Crucial 50 off 35 balls.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Vicky Pollard probably would have given MI a chance if he was used effectively. Why on earth were Harbhajan, Tiwary, Rayudu and Duminy batted ahead of him? I could understand Nayar, as having Pollard come in at 1st drop would have been a little early, but Harbhajan at 4? =/

Bout time that CSK lived up to their potential though. Been carried by 2 or 3 players in the first 2 IPL's, but finally worked well as a team and won the competition. Very good performance from them today.
Don't agree with you saying they were carried by 2-3 players for the past 2 seasons tbh. Hayden, Raina, Dhoni, Morkel, Murali, Badri, Oram and a few others won them games at various points in the last 2 tournaments. They had the bestr core group of players and didn't make a lot of unnecessary changes without giving youngsters the chance to prove themselves. Thats why they are the most consistent side across all 3 tournaments.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mumbai did a lot of bottling under pressure in the first two IPL editions. I don't know how much of that comes down to Sachin's captaincy. He doesn't seem to transmit "calm" under pressure. Captaincy is something that just isn't a natural fit with his on-field personality.

He's batting well, though.
Totally AWTA.. Having Nayar and Harbhajan at 3 and 5 ahead of the guys they held back was really REALLY dumb..

Think both Lara and Sachin suffer from "I know cricket too much and have too many ideas" syndrome as captains.. Some of the calls they have done were amazing and many many more just seemed to scream out dumb.. :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Totally AWTA.. Having Nayar and Harbhajan at 3 and 5 ahead of the guys they held back was really REALLY dumb..

Think both Lara and Sachin suffer from "I know cricket too much and have too many ideas" syndrome as captains.. Some of the calls they have done were amazing and many many more just seemed to scream out dumb.. :(
I reckon Sachin as "senior player who has some awesome ideas" is a great role, as you have someone like Dhoni or Ganguly who will listen, and use the great ones that they wouldn't have thought of, and discard the crappy ones like a filter. :ph34r:

Anyone see the footage of Sachin hitting his bat on the floor when Nayar ran himself out? Was evidence of a guy under pressure who really wanted to lead his team to victory. Don't see that often from Sachin, at all.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I reckon Sachin as "senior player who has some awesome ideas" is a great role, as you have someone like Dhoni or Ganguly who will listen, and use the great ones that they wouldn't have thought of, and discard the crappy ones like a filter. :ph34r:

Anyone see the footage of Sachin hitting his bat on the floor when Nayar ran himself out? Was evidence of a guy under pressure who really wanted to lead his team to victory. Don't see that often from Sachin, at all.
Actually we do see it. Remember seeing something similar in the CB series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah.. as I said, puts too much pressure on himself and tries an unorthodox thing too many most times.. Same as Lara.. I remember seeing Nixon McLean bat at 3 for Windies as a pinch hitter in a test series against RSA in RSA against Donald and Pollock at their peak year as a combo.. :laugh:

Sir Alex

Banned
Only if Pollard came in when the equation was 60 odd of last 5 overs. :(

Also believe Sachin should've taken strike against Ashwin. Although not sure whether batting or bowling team had the right for final call on that one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah okay, was this in the first final where he led our chase to victory?

Either way, interesting.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great match :cool:

Was sure we were going to lose when Yuvraj was bowled.

But Sachin saved the day, and Rohit was with him too :cool:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Only if Pollard came in when the equation was 60 odd of last 5 overs. :(

Also believe Sachin should've taken strike against Ashwin. Although not sure whether batting or bowling team had the right for final call on that one.
The reason they kept pollard in for so long was that ,he has been crap starting against spin the whole tournament and Dhoni had kept a over from Murali spare for pollard which he certainly would have used as sson as Pollard came in.

Don't think pollard would have been able to slog Murali so much.