• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin needs to nurse each one of these young 'uns through their innings, not sure he'll be able to play a particularly explosive role himself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Random and probably stupid question.

Would Sachin rather win the IPL than India win the T20 World Cup, considering he's not playing in it?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
More to the point, I think we underrate how important this tournament is to Indian players.

Sure for some it looks like hit and giggle at times (Steyn season 1, KP season 2) but I think this season has been the most competitive and taken seriously yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if winning this tournament (if Mumbai do) would be one of Sachin's career highlights.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More to the point, I think we underrate how important this tournament is to Indian players.

Sure for some it looks like hit and giggle at times (Steyn season 1, KP season 2) but I think this season has been the most competitive and taken seriously yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if winning this tournament (if Mumbai do) would be one of Sachin's career highlights.
Especially considering his less that stellar record as a captain elsewhere

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sachin said it wasn't about proving a point that he can captain, but surely every human being would like to 'right' a 'wrong'

Somewhere deep down he'd like to hold up that trophy knowing he led from the front.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mumbai did a lot of bottling under pressure in the first two IPL editions. I don't know how much of that comes down to Sachin's captaincy. He doesn't seem to transmit "calm" under pressure. Captaincy is something that just isn't a natural fit with his on-field personality.

He's batting well, though.