• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aha - finally someone else who doesn't find KP all that entertaining. Actually, there is nothing wrong with his stroke-making, his aggression in that English batting lineup is a breath of fresh air. It's just the way he executes those strokes that I don't find particularly elegant. It's not easy for tall batsmen to make it look effortless.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Love how when Dhoni is tapping his bat on the ground, when it goes up it looks as though his whole arms are moving with it, but its just his wrists flicking up because they are so strong. Makes it seem like he's holding a twig.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Agreed with Prince, McKenzie - very dull to watch. But Amla is pretty good and Kallis has his occasional moments of inspiration. AB is very entertaining however.
Amla's ok, but there's just something about his technique I don't like. Kallis when he's really firing looks great, but when he's having an off-day he's very ugly. Agree on AB though, awesome player to watch, his hundred in the IPL last year was immense.

Dhoni gone. The partnership with Raina has been excellent, upping the run-rate to over 8. If Morkel can bat through CSK will have a very competitive total.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
I really don't enjoy watching MS Dhoni bat. He's a very good player, capable of smashing the ball miles, but he never seems to do it when I'm watching. Just nudges and nurdles looking generally pretty ugly before playing the odd massive shot. Can't doubt his effectiveness, but the ugliness of his batting puts him up alongside the likes of Simon Katich for me. Those 2 batting together would be horrible to watch.
Can say the same about Raina aswell, tbh. Always looks very unconvincing when he plays an attacking stroke, but is seemingly effective.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raina used to play lots of good-looking cover drives, square cuts etc. when Greg Chappell first brought him in. He seems to have become a bit of a slogger these days though. Too much T20?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Raina used to play lots of good-looking cover drives, square cuts etc. when Greg Chappell first brought him in. He seems to have become a bit of a slogger these days though. Too much T20?
He's better now than then. I don't care if Chappell had him looking good, he didn't have him scoring runs.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I like batsmen with a classical look about them. Even his stone-walling effort in Kolkata recently was pretty enjoyable for me.
His technique seems very made up for me. He is not exactly a classic technician.

That stonewall effort at kolkatta almost looked like two replays (one for the front foot and for the backfoot) played again and again.Very monotonous. His attacking strokes are pretty similar to each other too and not very enjoyable. And this was when he was in prime form.

If i want to see a defensive batsmen ,i would rather see Kallis defending than him and certainly attacking. Though nothing beats Dravid in the defensive batsmen yet pleasing to watch in this stake,specially when on form. But he was pretty hopeless when off form like kallis too.

Last edited: