• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test Matches & ODIs of the decade

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I'll do a top 10 for each section that i've seen or heard/read about.

TOP 10 TESTS:

1. IND vs AUS: Kolkatta 2001
2. ENG vs AUS: Edgbaston 2005
3. WI vs AUS: Antigua 2003
4. SRI vs ENG: Kandy 2001
5. SRI vs AUS: Galle 2004
6. SRI vs SA: Colombo 2006
7. WI vs PAK: Antigua 2000
8. IND vs AUS: Adelaide 03
9. IND vs AUS: Chennai 04
10. PAK vs ENG: Karachi 2000

TOP 10 ODIs:

1. SA vs AUS: Jo'Burg 2006
2. PAK vs IND: Karachi 2004
3: ENG vs IND: Lord's 2002
4. PAK vs ENG: Karachi 2000
5. SA vs AUS: Port Elizabeth 2002
6. AUS vs ENG: Port Elizabeth, WC 2003
7. IND vs SA: Nagpur 2000
8. SA vs WI: Capetown, WC 2003 opener
9. SA vs AUS: St.Kitts, 2007 WC
10. IND vs PAK, Centurion, 2003 WC

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely Aus vs Eng: Adelaide 06 should come into the picture as far as test matches go.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All those 10 Aussie listed were better though.

An exciting day 5 doesn't always make it a great test match.

Dissector

International Debutant
Aus versus SA at Perth in 2008 definitely belongs in the top ten. A historic run chase which set up a historic series win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah hell of a series.

Right up there with Aust/Ind 2001 and the Ashes 2005.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not really - that was The Oval later in the series.

That Lord's Test however has to be the best Test in history in my book. Not that surprising that some have not heard of it however.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Every match in that series could be in the top 10.
Hmm cant agree TBH. That Perth 08 runchase to be wasn't as good as SA run chase in Durban 2002 for example. That Perth run chase was just DULL imo, given how Perth just flattened out, no real drama like Antigua 03, Colombo 06 or Lord's 2000.

The series had some top periods of cricket. But for i cant rate it as highly as Ashes 05, IND vs AUS 01, given the selectorial errors which AUS made which could have easily turned the series AUS way.

Richard said:
Not really - that was The Oval later in the series.
That Lord's Test however has to be the best Test in history in my book. Not that surprising that some have not heard of it however.[/quote]

Haa well hat test is actually the one i wanted to put in badly. It was either than or Chennai 04 for me, so i went Chennai...

Lostman said:
SL v AUS the second test at Kandy was a lot better than the 1st Galle test I think.
On second thought i think you are right.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surely Aus vs Eng: Adelaide 06 should come into the picture as far as test matches go.
4 days of tedium as both sides batted their way towards a certain draw.

Epic last day, but the first 4 days were a complete snoozefest.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For the decade (and all time at this stage), it would be the Aus vs NZ Test at Perth in the 01/02 season.