• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Starts on the 4th and no Sticky up as yet : News is these guys wont be playing : Jayasuriya, Malinga, Mendis , Kapugdera, Tendulkar , Mortaza ........

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Should be interesting to see how the new guys go, especially Thirimanne. We really need a finisher/s. Him and Perera maybe able to fill that role hopefully.

Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), Tillakaratne Dilshan (vice-captain), Upul Tharanga, Thilan Samaraweera, Thilina Kandamby, Chamara Silva, Lahiru Thirimanne, Thissara Perera, Muthumudalige Pushpakumara, Malinga Bandara, Suraj Randiv, Thilan Thushara, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Kulasekara and Chanaka Welagedera

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL bowling in better shape with inclusion of Thushara. The Dhaka wickets will be no featherbed, and will have some movement. But SL still short of a another bowler with raw pace. Thushara won't be nearing 90mph after the injury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Will follow to see how Shakib and Virat Kohli go.

So glad Sachin is sitting this out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Dhoni or Sehwag should have sat out this one too.. AT least Dhoni.. got a really busy season ahead and these guys will never be able to rest during IPL..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
^ yeah I agree but for different reasons...it would create more competition in this series..

I would back Bangladesh to win an ODI if conditions suit them, the left arm spinners respond well and they bat sensibly.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, what a pointless series. I hope India can win this, but I really have become indifferent to ODI cricket, lately.

R_D

International Debutant
Agree another pointless series with many more to follow i'm sure.
I'm glad Sachin has skipped this one.

I'm sure many people have said this but since joining this forum.. i have come to appreciate test cricket much more and ODIs lesser and lesser. Must be something about this forum. I used to enjoy them equally before or might be overdose of ODI cricket.

Gowza

U19 12th Man
BD team for the first match: Imrul Kayes, Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Ashraful, Roqibul Hassan, Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Mahmud Ullah, Mushfiqur Rahim (Vice Captain), Naeem Islam, Abdur Razzak, Shafiul islam, Rubel Hossain

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
You know its funny..the 90s were filled with triangular series..Singer Cup, Pepsi Cup, Sharjah Cup...I dont recall people calling them pointless series..

Shri

Mr. Glass
You know its funny..the 90s were filled with triangular series..Singer Cup, Pepsi Cup, Sharjah Cup...I dont recall people calling them pointless series..
People want to see the associate nations developed in cricket but at the same time call games involving them pointless and such. Looks like the audience only want to see the top 6 teams at best compete in matches.

The only thing I am personally looking forward to in this series is to see Shakib al hasan play.

Sir Alex

Banned
The general disinterest is understandable considering this would be the zillionth series involving India and Sri Lanka in the last one year and the third nation is a minnow. I am fed up with Indo-SL matches tbh.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only thing more farcical than this tourney is the fact that India will go to No. 1 in ODIs should they win

Unlike the test rankings, that really is an absolute joke

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Seeing as this has started, shouldn't this be stickied and Ind vs. SL taken away?

Anyway:

Welegedara to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, three in a row, full on middle and leg, in the slot for Tamim who flicks it uppishly over square leg to the ropes

Welegedara to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, a rubbish full toss outside off and is dealt with appropriately as Tamim crashes it through point to beat third man, bigger cheers

Welegedara to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, Tharanga misfields after running to his right from a squarish fine leg, whipped off the back foot and he fumbles to allow it through the ropes, the crowd roars

Welegedara to Tamim Iqbal, no run, plenty of action already in the first few overs, bowled it short and he went for the pull, took his eyes off the ball there and paid the price, was struck on the helmet, no damage done

Welegedara to Tamim Iqbal, no run, goes for another one, lands on a good length and he tries to swing it into the stands over long-on but misses, Sangakkara goes up belatedly, no response from the umpire

Welegedara to Tamim Iqbal, FOUR, the field is up and he launches that over mid-on, shortish but he went through with the shot, smacking it over the in-field

:cool:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Tamim gone for 40, got out at a pretty poor time, Ashraful needs to play a responsible innings, yeah right!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Rahim is batting very well at the moment. Ashraful looks like he's about to do something really stupid soon..