Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

I hope Mortaza gets better, our Pace Attack gets Horrible. Get Rasel in for the Next Match.

Can Some explain how dew is grown? I was watching close ups and it looked like there was honey on the grass.

Of all the Bdesh Batsmen, Tamim looked the most comfortable, he threw away an Easy 100 ... Ashraful looked the least comfortable but stuck it out and got better as the innings progressed. Hopefully one of these years it all clicks for him like it did for Sri Lankas new Master Batsmen Dillu.

Lakmal looks like very exciting new prospect, Tall Lanky ... Reminds me of Ishant

Banned
    Whoever thought of fixturing these games as DN needs his head examined. Noone except the ultra hardcore fan would dare to stay up watching these games under the light in the cold winter. Also, the dew starts to settle by 6 PM which renders the spinners of the team fielding last completely impotent.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Shakib's already had a moan about that.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    No point complaining now..if you are going to play day night matches in Bangladesh/Pakistan/India in winter..you are going to have dew.

Tamim once again threw away a start..Problem is, which is also true for some Pakistani batsmen now, once they get 40 they think they have played well..so when they get out, they dont feel that bad about themselves nor do they feel that hunger. Thats what stunts their development and growth as a player.

Bangladeshi pace attack is getting poorer by the day. Rubel Hossain has pace but was extremely wayward when I saw him against West Indies in July. Shahadat lost all his pace..was bowling at 75 when I saw him. Mortaza is injured more often than not. Rasel can hardly be called a fast bowler, although he bowls a good line and length and gets a wicket or two.
    But this is something Bangladesh really need to work on..you cannot rely on left arm spinners to win you matches all the time..you need a genuine fast bowler.

For Americans this series can be watched free on Cricinfo/Espn.

Watch Live Cricket Online, Live Cricket Streaming - ESPN360.com

No one probably cares lol, but when I noticed this Randiv guy called up I was a little intrigued because there is on awful long line of spinners in Sri Lankan domestic circles and I had never heard of him. I started to look for the record of an offspinner I saw at the 2004 under-19 wc by the name of M.Suraj whom I have followed sporadically after being impressed by him all those years ago, merely wondering how he was going, but astoundingly could not locate his cricinfo page. After alot of searching and dead ends I typed the name into google and discovered this thread

Last edited by bryce; 05-01-2010 at 02:55 AM.
    ODI XI to match the best
    1.Ryder
    2.McCullum+
    3.Guptill
    4.Taylor
    5.Broom
    6.Oram
    7.Elliott
    8.Vettori*
    9.Mills
    10.Southee
    11.Bond
    ringaz_ride@hotmail.com
    To answer your question, yes
    Thanks?
    METEORIC RISE ?

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by bryce View Post
    No one probably cares lol, but when I noticed this Randiv guy called up I was a little intrigued because there is on awful long line of spinners in Sri Lankan domestic circles and I had never heard of him. I started to look for the record of an offspinner I saw at the 2004 under-19 wc by the name of M.Suraj whom I have followed sporadically after being impressed by him all those years ago, merely wondering how he was going, but astoundingly could not locate his cricinfo page. After alot of searching and dead ends I typed the name into google and discovered this thread

Gun detective work
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

Lol, I had to find out otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep haha

This is what some of us would call a rather sad innings. It was going on at a fast pace, but wickets slowed it down, to the level that Yuvraj and Dhoni crawled to a 99-run partnership, and then Dhoni was out. Then a very scratchy partnership between Yuvraj and Raina began, and Raina was almost adjudged caught-behind, only for the decision to be overturned because the ball hit the ground within an inch from the gloves. We'd expect this rookie attack to struggle aganist two lefthanders, but the lefthanders are struggling here. It seems the Indians have had so much going their way, but have made no use of it.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bryce View Post

Lol, I had to find out otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep haha
    I too had my doubts- initially, I thought Mohammed Suraj was a quickie, and then this comes up. I had a hint when a commentator (Lankan?) called him Mohammed Suraj. This is quite a find, then.

Now Yuvraj tries to pull for six, and is caught by Lakmal off Perera. This innings has been full of neat drives going straight to fielders, as well as hard strikes that didn't rise too high.

What on earth has happened to Harbhajan's batting? It's rather dreadful lately, after the semblance of form he found against a team that mattered, not too long ago. It's a bit of a concern right now.

This ground at Dhaka has a very slow outfield, and scoring runs in boundaries has been difficult.

Stop backing away you ****heads.

Zaheer, Harbhajan and Nehra acting like idiots.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Chanaka gets five, with a peach of a delivery to send back Zaheer. Good stuff in just his sixth match. It's hard to comment on the bowling, since they profited greatly by a slow and sticky outfield, and there were few boundaries hit off them. They had, however, been clumsy with extras, notably their top bowler in the game here, with eight in no-balls and wides.

There seems to be an annoying public relations group for Ravi Jadeja in the commentary box. They talk of how good he's played and that he should now be a regular in the team. In one over, he's become the Indian Sobers for the commentary team. Better players than him have been discarded or ignored, and each is a tough act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Stop backing away you ****heads.

Zaheer, Harbhajan and Nehra acting like idiots.
    Did you catch the last-over comedy of Sreesanth and Nehra? It had everyone confused.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information