• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Please try and provide the source for the articles that you post, please. Otherwise there are copyright issues for the forum. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha Jack I came back into the thread, looked at the photo and was about to say it's a fake nose!

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Bangladesh really need a huge score here. 30 minutes isnt going to change anything.

Wouldve been an interesting series had the dew not been such a factor. Bangladesh has done decent batting wise and havent been playing like minnows (although ive only been following on cricinfo)

Jinx, Tamim out:(

pasag

RTDAS
I don't want to do an aussie with multiquoting thing here but basically it is your opinion and I respect it. However good/great the team is, peaking at the right moment is as important if not more in case of tourneys like WC. Australia did it in 1987, India did it improbably in 1983, Pakistan in 1992 (when they were all but gone). None of these cases the teams were pretournament favorites. Of course a team can be called good in hindsight if they show such consistent group form but that's more of an effect than the cause. In such short span tournaments of course momentum is more important than quality of players. The aforementioned examples are enough proof I believe for the same.
Yeah, but maybe India peaked last year when they were awesome? I would like India to win the WC (if it's not us, certainly wouldnt want SA to win it - yuck), but they need to sort their bowling out asap. For us everything came together at the right time - Hayden became a hitting God, Tait was fit, Watson learnt to improvise, McGrath was back and Gilchrist left his best for last, can India do the same?

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah, but maybe India peaked last year when they were awesome? I would like India to win the WC (if it's not us, certainly wouldnt want SA to win it - yuck), but they need to sort their bowling out asap. For us everything came together at the right time - Hayden became a hitting God, Tait was fit, Watson learnt to improvise, McGrath was back and Gilchrist left his best for last, can India do the same?
I hope they will. If they manage to improve their bowling by even 50% from what they are now, and manage to keep their batting resources intact and in form, they would definitely be in the running for the Championship. Unfortunately over the last year or so, India has been descending down the ODI ladder while ironically climbing the test rankings and tumbling down from the T20 pedestal they perched. I'd be gladly sitting on the fence rather than venturing to comment on India's prospects in coming World Cup though am fairly confident it would be much better than the last outing in WI.

thierry henry

International Coach
Raqibul out after he and Shakib had spent about 20 overs scoring slowly but seemingly setting up a decent platform for a decent crack at the last 10. Bad time to lose a wicket.

Shri

Mr. Glass
They will be semi finalists imo.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Cricinfo just said something about captains swearing not to use powerplay. Whats this all about?

Sir Alex

Banned
Cricinfo just said something about captains swearing not to use powerplay. Whats this all about?
So far Indians and the Bangladeshis have not opted for PP3 (batting PP) till the 45th over when it becomes mandatory. I think that is a tongue in cheek reference to that practse.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's talk of double-headers now, shall we? Sri Lanka have gone through theirs with ease, while Bangladesh have struggled through theirs. Already there is talk of fatigue and burnout, as they're on the back of a tough match (as the commentators say) against India. Now the Indians are left with theirs in two days. What can they do for their next matches? Ideally, we'd like to see their best team (which needs a few changes) against Bangladesh and all the reserves against Sri Lanka. They can thus have their reserves ready for the final against the Lankans, and get Bangladesh out of the way. Then again, fatigue has told on the Indians repeatedly, and claimed more than a few players. Who can be benched?

Both Zaheer and (especially) Nehra need a break, and can sit out that (last) game. One of Harbhajan and Jadeja can be benched, or both alternately, so that Mishra gets both games- you'd love to have him in the team for the finals, but he needs to get warmed up. Also worthy of rest is Yuvraj Singh, with the excessive load on him as an all-rounder, but what about the overworked Dhoni? Having a change of captain isn't advisable, nor is having a non-fielder anywhere on the field, when the fielding needs to improve.