• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Cricketing Moments of 2009

Rant0r

International 12th Man
If Abdur Rauf had held that catch, that would have made my year.

Flintoff's 5 for on one leg against the Aussies after bowling 10,0000 overs should do it.

Sir Alex

Banned
India becoming No.1 in test cricket is surely the brightest moment for me, despite the fact that we played only 6 tests during this year. We are the only team not to have lost a single test this year and have the best batting avg of 58.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Yesterday tbh.

Other than that, Clark's 6s in the Ashes, Hughes in SA, Klinger's double, Holland beating England, CT finals, Bangalore getting into the IPL final and Bolly.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There was an inordinate number of mentions of the T20 world cup in that article. I have to say that I'd completely forgotten that this even happened.

For me the highlight was being there at the Gabba on day 3 and then Adelaide on days 2 and 3. Seeing the game live is a special experience, even if I did get a parking fine at the Gabba.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has to be the Broad ashes winning spell in the 5th test.Brilliant bit of bowling by him and the Aussies couldn't cope with him.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Freddie at Lords and yesterday afternoon in Durban would probably have won it for me, but having been at the fourth day at Edgbaston, the moment Swann bowled Ponting and then the real sense we could go on to win the Ashes back as I finally got home at midnight were both fairly euphoric.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
There was an inordinate number of mentions of the T20 world cup in that article. I have to say that I'd completely forgotten that this even happened.

For me the highlight was being there at the Gabba on day 3 and then Adelaide on days 2 and 3. Seeing the game live is a special experience, even if I did get a parking fine at the Gabba.
Unlucky

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Let's narrow this down a little - how about a shot of the year, or a ball of the year?

One that sticks in my mind the most is Ponting lacerating Ryan Sidebottom for the most dismissive of straight sixes in an ODI at Trent Bridge - a stroke that was fit to bursting with class, balance, power and aggression.

The ball of the year is a bit tougher: I haven't really watched enough wickets - heck, I think the only Aussie Ashes victim I saw live was North at Cardiff with the score at 900-5 or whatever it was... but I'm sure I'll find a favourite as I work through my DVDs. Jimmy produced some special nuts against the Windies - but nothing comes to mind as a single, year-defining unplayable... oh, wait. Taylor's. Duh.

Angelo Mathews for fielding moment, too, redefining the bounds of possibility.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mitchell Johnson's spell vs SA Durban the best for me. But other moments that where top for me this year would be:

- The exciting bowling of Roach & Aamer
- Gayle hittng Lee for six in the T20 WC
- Keiron Pollard vs NSW in the Champions League (the group stage match not the final)
- Eoin Morgan batting in ODIs
- Tendulkar's 175
- Ponting's straight 6 of Sidebottom in a ODI
- Phil Hughes batting in SA
- Every time Watson hit a pull-shot

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Broad bowled a couple of rippers in the Ashes for memory, I think he bowled Clarke or Haddin with one, hard to beat.

funnygirl

State Regular
India reaching the number one position in test cricket and the reaction of various cricket pundits,fans from cricketing nations to it:)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dilshan's rise as a bastsman.

Graeme Smith coming out to bat with a broken hand in that test against Aus.

Sachin 175 vs Aus.

Umar Akmal and Mohd Amir.

Watching Hayden bat in the IPL. Didn't really enjoy watching others bat in that tourney except JP Duminy.

England winning the ashes and Flintoff's retirement.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Yeah, forgot about Smith coming out to bat with a broken hand, hairs on the back of the neck stuff