• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Cricketing Moments of 2009

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Twin moments for me: Ponting's & Clarke's run outs in the 4th innings of the 5th Ahses test. Knew it was coming home then.

Fittingly one was a moment of inspiration and one was a wee bit jammy, which sums up England's year.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great minds think alike then hey Brumby (sorta :p)

If we're talking about one single delivery, for me Jimmeh's ball to Manou at Edgbaston was hard to better, just edges Broad's to Haddin (of those I watched). Who'd be an Aussie wicket keeper?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India reaching #1 Test team. Most significant achievement in my cricket watching career, by far. The only individual feat that could possibly beat that would be a Test series win in Australia. Other than that, nothing would come close.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
India reaching #1 Test team. Most significant achievement in my cricket watching career, by far. The only individual feat that could possibly beat that would be a Test series win in Australia. Other than that, nothing would come close.
Winning in SA will also be good.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Winning in SA will also be good.
Yea, it would. Those two countries would be top, because we've never done either in our history, and they're the top two countries now. But no one wins in Australia - it's one team per decade or less that can manage to pull out a series victory there, so it's an insanely hard achievement. Beating Australia in Australia would be the pinnacle of my cricket watching career if it ever happens.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aamer spell at MCG thats the best spell I have seen by a Pakistani fast bowler in Australia, I was too young to watch Wasim in 89 since then Shoaib has had his moments but never bowled this good.

bagapath

International Captain
Broad bowled a couple of rippers in the Ashes for memory, I think he bowled Clarke or Haddin with one, hard to beat.
this.

as for the best shots of the year, sehwag's very late late cut and reverse paddle sweep off murali in that 293 would come first and second

"the fuhrer couldn't have said it better"

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
JT bowling KP with a gorgeous outswinging yorker was a pretty special moment, The massive off cuttere to bowl Prior in the same innings was not too shabby either.