• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fastest To Multiples Of 100 Wickets

Bazza

International 12th Man
Here is the bowlers thread:

50 Test Wickets:
CTB Turner
T Richardson
FR Spofforth
AL Valentine
RM Hogg
TM Alderman
R Peel
JJ Ferris
SF Barnes
AA Mailey
MW Tate
FH Tyson
PM Pollock
AME Roberts
CEH Croft
SCG MacGill

100:
GA Lohmann
CTB Turner
SF Barnes
CV Grimmett
C Blythe
AL Valentine
AME Roberts
IT Botham
R Peel
MW Tate
WJ O'Reilly
WW Hall
EAS Prasanna
Waqar Younis

150:
SF Barnes
Waqar Younis
CV Grimmett
HJ Tayfield
IT Botham
DK Lillee
SK Warne
AME Roberts
AA Donald
LR Gibbs
GD McKenzie
EAS Prasanna
JR Thomson
RJ Hadlee
MD Marshall
A Kumble
GD McGrath

200:
CV Grimmett
DK Lillee
Waqar Younis
IT Botham
MD Marshall
SK Warne
AA Donald
M Muralitharan
AV Bedser
RJ Hadlee
J Garner

250:
DK Lillee
AA Donald
Waqar Younis
M Muralitharan
RJ Hadlee
MD Marshall
Imran Khan
IT Botham
A Kumble
SK Warne
GD McGrath

300:
DK Lillee
M Muralitharan
RJ Hadlee
MD Marshall
SK Warne
AA Donald
GD McGrath
FS Trueman
Waqar Younis
A Kumble

350:
M Muralitharan
RJ Hadlee
DK Lillee
GD McGrath
MD Marshall
Waqar Younis
Imran Khan
SK Warne
Wasim Akram
IT Botham
CEL Ambrose
CA Walsh
N Kapil Dev

400:
M Muralitharan
RJ Hadlee
GD McGrath
SK Warne
Wasim Akram
CEL Ambrose
CA Walsh
N Kapil Dev

I included everyone on the 350 and 400 lists.

I think because this is based on matches, the likes of Hadlee and Murali who carried their respective attacks look better on paper. Unfortunately I didn't have the informaion to be able to do it on balls bowled.

Well on this basis I was surprised to see Waqar so high. He's on 6 of the lists. So are Warne and Hadlee. Greats like Marshall, Botham and Lillee are on 5 lists.

I think spinners who appear here have done well. Traditionally they are less likely to average over 4 wickets per match, but the likes of Warne and Murali represent a new generation of spinners who are used as strike bowlers.

ODI list to follow.

Bazza

International 12th Man
50:
AB Agarkar
DK Lillee
SK Warne
LS Pascoe
BP Patterson
CEL Ambrose
Waqar Younis
SE Bond
IR Bishop
Saqlain Mushtaq
GI Allott

100:
Saqlain Mushtaq
B Lee
Waqar Younis
DK Lillee
SK Warne
Shoaib Akhtar
CEL Ambrose
IR Bishop
C Pringle
D Gough

150:
Saqlain Mushtaq
AA Donald
Waqar Younis
SK Warne
D Gough
AB Agarkar
CJ McDermott
CEL Ambrose
GD McGrath
SM Pollock

200:
Saqlain Mushtaq
AA Donald
Waqar Younis
SK Warne
GD McGrath
CJ McDermott
SM Pollock
Wasim Akram
CEL Ambrose
A Kumble
J Srinath
M Muralitharan

250:
Saqlain Mushtaq
Waqar Younis
AA Donald
SK Warne
GD McGrath
Wasim Akram
M Muralitharan
SM Pollock
J Srinath
A Kumble
WPUJC Vaas
N Kapil Dev
ST Jayasuriya

I included everyone on the 250 list.

As with the batting the ODI list is dominated by current players, but to appear in both lists requires real class. This includes the likes of Lillee, Ambrose, Donald, Murali, Waqar and Wasim, Warne and McGrath.

One question from this - why is Saqlain not in the Pakistan side. OK they're rebuilding but he's still young. They should be building around players like him, Youhana, Younis Khan, etc.

Surely no other nation would leave out possibly the most successful and consistent ODI bowler in history, not to mention a pretty decent test match spinner (with a century to boot!)? Pakistan certainly can't be accused of having a Surrey bias!! :P :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bazza said:
Pakistan certainly can't be accused of having a Surrey bias!! :P :P
They can.

It is utterly stupid that Azhar and Saqlain are allowed to skip the Bangladesh series to play for Surrey, yet they've asked Shoaib back from Durham.

If Shoaib stayed, I reckon he had a chance of pushing Durham to promotion.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I don't care where it is, or who they're playing, international cricket is more important then domestic. If these ****'s are going to be so stubborn, I think they should be issued with a punishment. I wouldn't be entirely against a dropping for the next series. Obviously they've shown they don't want to play international cricket, so lets not let them.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Saqlain hasn't been picked since the World Cup though has he? And Azhar only got back in while Pakistan were in England (as is my take).

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
But Saqlain isn't actually that old..he's 25 or 26 isn't he?
Its incredible that a country could leave out such a class spinner, but hey we're talking about Pakistan so I guess there's nothing new.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bazza said:
Saqlain hasn't been picked since the World Cup though has he? And Azhar only got back in while Pakistan were in England (as is my take).
But both announced they didn't want to be considered for selection.

Durham asked for permission to remove his name from selection for the series and got it, hence they signed him up.