• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally ! A Last Word Thread

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I know how important it is to so many of us to have the last word in each and every argument. I have seen it with my own eyes every single day I have spent on this forum.

I have also seen how heart-breakingly difficult if not impossible it is to get that ABSOLUTELY LAST word because of the persistence of the other moron. Having said that, I think it is extremely unfair that it should be left to one of the moderators to arbitrate in this matter and close the thread before the next moron could post his next "last word".

Dont for a second presume that I am bothered or concerned about the majority of regular guys who come to the forum to read, learn and move on and are stupid enough to be distressed by these well researched mile long posts which are followed by other equally well researched mile long rejoinders. Yet I suspect some of them might be peeved that threads they want to read and write in keep getting locked up for good. Of course these guys don't count but being the old fashioned softy that I am I feel we must let them have their small though silly pleasures of minor discussions on matters cricketing.

Even more than concern for these guys, I think it is only appropriate that such passionate debaters as our the-last-word-is-my-birth-right brigade must be recognised as the force they are and allotted their own private space where other Johnny's don't come and take away from the magnificence that the mile long posts provide. So I have decided to start this special thread where all those gallant perseverers may come and enjoy their days and weeks in the sun. While the head bangers can meet in their own dreary joints.

I sincerely hope this arrangement will be found satisfactory by all concerned.

R_D

International Debutant
haha .. good idea
Maybe should consider word limit for each post....
I don't even bother with those long posts.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a great idea SJS!

May I suggest the two debaters in question both choose 1 word as their last and then we lockdown the thread for a 'Battle of The Last Words' where the rest of us get to vote on which word was indeed the greatest and therefore gains the title of 'Last Word'. This would be a great way for everyone to get involved, thus ultimately negating the power of the last word as we'll all feel like we chose it.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There is one poster on CC at the moment who is basically turning the forum into a car crash. Makes me weep, I tells ya.