• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oldest England Test player dies at 91

archie mac

International Coach
Arthur McIntyre dies aged 91 | England Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Had been living in a nursing home for a number of years unlike Sir Alec who, certainly when I met him a year or so ago, was as sharp as ever and still lived in the house he and twin Eric built with their father in Woking

He said to me then "Arthur's not the man he used to be .... mind you I come in off a pretty short run myself these days"
Sad to hear, still yet to get a Test cricketer to the ton:-O

Dissector

International Debutant
I wonder if that 1937 test is the oldest one with a living player. Is there any other living player who played a test before WW2?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand's Eric Tindall just turned 99 on December 18. Also the oldest surviving All Black as well.
I don't recall him, when/how many Tests did he play?
He also has the remarkable record of having umpired in test cricket and refereed a rugby test.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand's Eric Tindall just turned 99 on December 18. Also the oldest surviving All Black as well.
That makes him the cricketer to live the longest already. He is the first one to reach 99.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
England's Francis McKinnon was the oldest to die so far at 98 yrs and 324 days.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting. I think Sriranga Sohoni, right arm fast medium bowler who played for Merchant's team in England in 1946 should be the oldest living Indian Test cricketer since their is no record of his death as far as I can see. He will be 92 in March next.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its interesting. I think Sriranga Sohoni, right arm fast medium bowler who played for Merchant's team in England in 1946 should be the oldest living Indian Test cricketer since their is no record of his death as far as I can see. He will be 92 in March next.
Has the Cota Ramaswami "mystery" ever been solved?