• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fastest To Multiples Of 1000 Runs

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
yes, i realise he has dismissed ponting 3 times. all of which i'm guessing when he was going for a big hit.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's had Ponting bowled, caught and stumped.

He's also had Taylor twice in Tests - LBW and caught.

Mr. P

bowled, caught and stumped. well, there you go. i bet the catch was in the outfield, a mistimed hoik. the stumping speaks for itself. i reckon he would have been bowled on the charge.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Arivinda is the type of bowler who does trouble Ponting because he hates having to make the pace.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
Arivinda is the type of bowler who does trouble Ponting because he hates having to make the pace.
I thought he was infallible and the greatest player ever?

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
I thought he was infallible and the greatest player ever?
Just because he is one of my favorite players does not mean I am going to deny he has his weekneses.

Mr. P

I was being stupid. Of course he has a weakness. Every batsman does. Except maybe Bradman.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mr. Ponting said:
I was being stupid. Of course he has a weakness. Every batsman does. Except maybe Bradman.
No you were right with the first part. Every batsman has a weakness. Remember bodyline?

Bazza

International 12th Man
Bradman had weaknesses. Ever heard of bodyline?

Anyway if Bradman had no weaknesses that would make him immortal and he would have hit every ball for 6 throughout his 100 year career. Actually he would still be alive and playing, so Bradman had plenty of weaknesses methinks!

Mr. P

i had a feeling you may say this, except there is virtually no batsman who could hold out bodyline. and bradman did make a century that series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

That's unfair, not every batsman has faced bodyline bowling so we'll never know.

Besides, even if no batsman could keep out bodyline bowling, it's still a weakness which falsifies your statement.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
i dont see it as such a big surprise that ganguly is faster than tendulkar in reaching certain milestones..people underestimate his talent, he is actually a bloody good player albeit hes a damn arrogant git.

55? thats just poor

Mr. P

yeah, i see him as a damn arrogant git. i tried looking in my heart to see the good side of ganguly, but all i could find was a snarling face looking straight at me.