• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann Appreciation Society

Sir Alex

Banned
I think he surely is the best spinner to come out of England in ages. Monty promised but did not deliver as expected. This guy is really cool, he has a witty brain as well which is quite endearing. And he is no mug with the bat. I have started this thread seeing "Stuart Broad Appreciation Society" so please excuse if I did not comply with the necessary formalities for creation of such a society.

Edit - Sorry can anyone fix the typo in the name? Graeme it should be instead of Greame.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Have always rated him since my early days on ICC (about 10 years ago?) when he and Matthew Bulbeck (LMF) formed an unbeatable pair of all-rounders for England.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
See if everyone had supported me in getting shot of Donkey Panesar then Swann would have 100+ Test wickets by now...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
See if everyone had supported me in getting shot of Donkey Panesar then Swann would have 100+ Test wickets by now...
Bah - some of us remember his name being mentioned on CW as a possible 2nd spinner for the 2007 SL tour months before the squad was announced.

EDIT - here we are, drawing especially immodest attention to post number 625. His name was first mentioned on the previous page fwiw.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/24243-official-india-england-42.html

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Doing well at the moment and good luck to him but still a very ordinary bowler who's Test career will probably be quite short.