• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Cricket Your Favourite Sport?

Is cricket your favourite sport?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, is it? It's something I often wonder about myself. Growing up I'd have always said football, but these days I find I don't often give many football matches aside from the ones I attend my full attention, then again that's largely because in sport in general I'm a much keener viewer when I support one team, and as I've said many times, the England cricket team and the SWA are my favouroite sports teams.

I've got like a million posts in the footy thread so it's not like I don't follow it but I think it would be fair to call cricket my favourite sport.

Similarly on this forum I know plenty of you follow footy, Aussie Rules, Rugby Union & League, Tennis and others, so would you call cricket your favourite sport?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
No, but a close 2nd. I was brought up on football (soccer) and I love playing it much more than I do Cricket. I like following both but find family/friends are more interested in football so I have few people - apart from this forum - to chat over about it so that probably makes me less connected to it. I'm probably much more knowledgeable about football too.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
To watch, yeah. Definitely down the pecking order when it comes to playing, though. There's far too much waiting around in the sport for my liking.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, prats. Easily won over IMO.

Definitely cricket. My first love. Always has been my favorite sport and if it hasn't changed through all the bull**** I've seen the sport and my team go through its not likely to change in the future. No other sport makes me nearly as emotional.

Basketball a distant second. The Bulls could start another dynasty and that wouldn't change.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'd say so. By the time cricket season is over I'm craving some aussie rules and vice versa. And now there's the HD sports channel in Australia I've taken a liking to a bunch of american sports.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket easily for me, I love football almost as much but there is something awful about it, cricket is just great in every way.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I have played basketball for my University and it is by far the best game to play, also great to watch. Also, it can hardly ever get monotonous, some thing which can happen to cricket on flat pitches.
You've probably not watched as much basketball as I have if you really think it hardly ever gets monotonous. To each his own I suppose.

Yes,and it has always been.No other sport makes me as emotional as cricket does. love to watch Football(Soccer),Field Hockey,Baseball & Basketball too but cricket is always my first preference.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a big rugby union fan but I'd rate cricket as my number one sport - in saying that, given the relative time frames of those two sports (80 minutes compared with five days or an ODI taking up to seven hours) I'd usually watch a major All Black match over a section of a match involving the Black Caps, because theres always the opportunity to catch up with proceedings in the cricket at the conclusion of the rugby game. I'd prioritise an important part of an international cricket match over a domestic or Super 14 rugby game every time though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, is it? It's something I often wonder about myself. Growing up I'd have always said football, but these days I find I don't often give many football matches aside from the ones I attend my full attention, then again that's largely because in sport in general I'm a much keener viewer when I support one team, and as I've said many times, the England cricket team and the SWA are my favouroite sports teams.

I've got like a million posts in the footy thread so it's not like I don't follow it but I think it would be fair to call cricket my favourite sport.
Every year that passes my obsession for the game grows and grows.
I'm in these boats. I can watch cricket for about ten hours non-stop without even caring about the result. It's the only sport I can do that with. I feel almost treacherous in saying that though because I've been such a huge, huge football fan for as long as I can remember.

Football much more fun to play though.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Prefer cricket as a viewer over other sports. When it comes to playing sport actually, its got to be Kabaddi for me.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I used to watch and play most sports with enormous enthusiam but as I get older apart from English football and the Ryder Cup creating the occasional flicker of interest there is just a love of cricket which borders on, according to Mrs Fertang, an obsession - cant see that myself though