• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My team of the decade

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You do sometimes, people do it with Ibrahimovic, for example. But it's recognised that scoring consistently against weaker sides is as valuable a skill as scoring a good proportion of goals against good sides. In many ways, for winning titles, it's more valuable.

You would definitely do it in football if there was a team as bad as Bangladesh though (Won 0 Lost 52). There isn't really a footballing equivalent of a side with a record like that.
So if I was a 10 year old playing county cricket against Oxfordshire, would those runs count? :ph34r:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What do you mean by "count"?
Was just meant to be a joke :p
However, should they be considered in statistics when comparing me to another player. Though this debate has been done to death and I know where you stand on it, so let's leave it as a joke :)

Craig

World Traveller
Is there anything piscine doesn't hate? Goes to Malaysia and is too scared to try the local food, because the poor darling is worried about food not being like what it is at home.

So taking into account what guys like ikki, Uppercut, etc. have said, I keep my team, but replace SRT with Sangakkara or Chanderpaul, who would be the better pick? Sanga and Chanders are both vital for their team, but Sri Lanka have Dilshan and Jayawardene, and I think their Test batting line-up is stronger then the West Indian one, but I'm just going for Sangakkara, because he has been more dominant, and plus if Gilchrist goes down injured, you have a ready made replacement.

The other question I was going to ask, who do people think was also the best captain in the decade, but the best captain in their TotD? I went for Ponting since I saw him the best of the rest. Kallis doesn't have a lot of captaincy experience, Gilly for half a dozen, and SRT was not the best captain either, other wise I guess you have Pollock who could captain, but I never rated him tthat highly.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, bagapath had a poll and most people agreed it had to be Ponting.

If we were just picking the best captain of the decade I'd go for Fleming.