• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Players With No Cricinfo Bio

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's something I, and several others, are interested enough in to prefer to spend our free time doing than, for example, watching racing from Ascot or sitting waiting for the washing-machine to finish. Obviously it isn't something which can be done overnight, so it depends on how you define "very time-consuming". It hasn't taken over my life but it's been a very interesting project so far - and something I've enjoyed using as a wind-down. The main reason I've wanted to do it is because of inadequacies in the profiles from the sources you mention - inaccuracies and stuff which is left-out. Of course, however, there's an element of saying the same as is said elsewhere - that's inevitable. To possess information you have to learn it from somewhere.

As for how many - I don't have the dataset with me currently, am posting from a mate's laptop as I'm off on holiday (presume most have noticed I've not been on the last few days). I'll try to remember to come back to this thread in a few days' time when I'm home, and if I forget and you're interested enough, remind me. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It's something I, and several others, are interested enough in to prefer to spend our free time doing than, for example, watching racing from Ascot or sitting waiting for the washing-machine to finish. Obviously it isn't something which can be done overnight, so it depends on how you define "very time-consuming". It hasn't taken over my life but it's been a very interesting project so far - and something I've enjoyed using as a wind-down. The main reason I've wanted to do it is because of inadequacies in the profiles from the sources you mention - inaccuracies and stuff which is left-out. Of course, however, there's an element of saying the same as is said elsewhere - that's inevitable. To possess information you have to learn it from somewhere.

As for how many - I don't have the dataset with me currently, am posting from a mate's laptop as I'm off on holiday (presume most have noticed I've not been on the last few days). I'll try to remember to come back to this thread in a few days' time when I'm home, and if I forget and you're interested enough, remind me. :)
Fair enough. If that is your aim and objective then it kind of makes sense.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Having just looked this up, I can tell you we've presently got just over 700 profiles done, with probably ~300 more to be done to cover the major international players.