cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Gavaskar on the Broads

Banned

Gavaskar on the Broads

An interesting article....

Sunil Gavaskar alleges nexus over Stuart Broad non-action | Cricket News | South Africa v England 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

"Stuart's father Chris is one of ICC's match referees and so the umpires are reluctant to make a complaint against the youngster," wrote Gavaskar in his column for Mid-Day, an Indian daily. "Remember the umpires and match referees are used to hanging out together in the evenings since they are in a foreign country and so forge a good relationship and obviously the umpires are not looking to spoil that by citing the young Broad for a violation of the code of conduct." Gavaskar said the latest instance in South Africa, when Stuart was involved in an ugly on-field exchange with the umpires after being given out lbw following a delayed review from the South Africans, was just one among a long list. "He knows he can get away with it and indeed he has," Gavaskar wrote. "Stuart has been quoted as saying he didn't think he had done anything wrong in questioning the umpires decision to refer the appeal to the third umpire since he thought that it hadn't come in the expected time but a bit later than is normally the case and therein has confirmed again that he thinks he is a special case and not on par with the rest of the cricketing world."
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Must admit I initially read the thread title as "Gavaskar on the Boards" and thought he was now posting on CW, so was a bit let down when I opened it.

But, on the off chance he ever does join CW: Sunny, get your head out of your arse, son.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Rory Burns wafted and whooshed, hit a few, edged a few more and batted at times with all the graceful serenity of a man trying to force his way head-first through a privet hedge." - Barney Ronay on the Surrey opener's maiden test ton

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    I thought he was commenting on some hookers.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    While what Gavaskar says may or may not be right, he is not making himself popular with these comments.

Hasn't Stuart Broad been fined a few times?

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metallics2006 View Post
    I thought he was commenting on some hookers.
    I thought he was looking into Norfolk's narrowboat industry.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Banned
    I dont like reading Gavaskar because without seeing the foam frothing from his mouth and his face all red with his wildly darting eyes the story just dosent appeal as much. But I think his point is umpires should not be allowed to have contact outside the game and kept in isolation. I think he also disaproves of umpires family playing cricket.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Gavaskar once again speaks about what millions of cricket fans all over the world are thinking.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Gavaskar officially worse than Neil Harvey, Jeff Thompson, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Gavaskar once again speaks about what millions of cricket fans all over the world are thinking.
    Most of whom are full of ****.

Banned
    Match referees are a joke these days. Today we had Javagal Srinath commenting nonchalantly that the match between Ind and SL should be continued on the nearby pitch. And there are totally incompetent ones like Chris Broad and Proctor (who is now not in office). Gavaskar's views are as usual over the top but one can understand the source of his rant.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Match referees are a joke these days. Today we had Javagal Srinath commenting nonchalantly that the match between Ind and SL should be continued on the nearby pitch. And there are totally incompetent ones like Chris Broad and Proctor (who is now not in office). Gavaskar's views are as usual over the top but one can understand the source of his rant.
    Isnt the source of his rant the plumb LBW he got against Lillee, maybe the ICC should invoke a rule that allows them to overturn a decision from years ago to allow Gavaskar to have a peaceful life.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Banned
    Are you Gavaskar in disguise?
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Credit to Sunny, who's had his first non-race based whinge in quite some time. I think that skull cap he used to wear was a bit too tight.
    Last edited by Burgey; 27-12-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

R_D
    I don't know what Gavaskar is saying is right or not but Broad has gotten away with **** other players wouldn't. Gavaskar is not very PC is he....

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information