• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harris vs. Hauritz vs. Swann

Rant0r

International 12th Man
By that I meant that the little **** looks hell young, Forrest Gump was a while ago now.

Swann is definitely a strange looking fella, someone dig out a Busey pic and put wrap around sunnies on him.

gwo

U19 Debutant
do you honestly believe he is better though?

Hauritz does appear to have the metal for test cricket though.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
do you honestly believe he is better though?

Hauritz does appear to have the metal for test cricket though.
I honestly believe Swann gets too much press whilst Ritzy comparatively little. I think they're both pretty much the same. Still, Nath is getting better and better so that's encouraging. Just giving him a shout-out here.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I honestly believe Swann gets too much press whilst Ritzy comparatively little. I think they're both pretty much the same. Still, Nath is getting better and better so that's encouraging. Just giving him a shout-out here.
Pretty much of the same opinion

Hauritz is underrated because he's not Warne

Swann is overrated because he's not Giles

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If he were Aussie the Pakistanis would call him just-short-of-crap, attack him and fail. :laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swann is underrated because he's not Australian.
99.99999999999999% of Ausralians are praying for a better option than Hauritz yet he still strikes more quickly that Swann and has a comparable record overall

Tell you much?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Hauritz and all, but picking up tailenders on the mow does not a career make. Thoroughly decent bowler, but Swann's his superior.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
did you happen to catch who dismissed MoYo and Misbah to expose the tail? :dry:
Great catch for MoYo's scalp, tbf. Neither exactly classical spinners' wickets tho. Misbah just carved a wide one to backward point, didn't he?

Hauritz did very well and credit to him, but Pakistan architects of their own ruin IMHO. Yousuf suitably pissed off with himself talking to Tubby afterwards.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
did you happen to catch who dismissed MoYo and Misbah to expose the tail? :dry:
I think you'll find they contributed a fair amount to their dismissal in both instances though.

Hauritz's strength is that he thinks about the game, understands his limitations, and sticks to the task at hand. He doesn't often seem to get flustered, which is admirable, given the amount of criticism and disregard he gets from the opposition. However I think Swann is a better attacking spinner, more likely to make things happen in a tight situation. As far as the best, we wouldn't even be having this debate if Amit Jaggernauth was around. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf, you could argue that outside the subcontinent the lot bar Umar are tailenders. :p

I like all three as bowlers, reckon they get far too much crap. Especially when rubbish like Panesar got so much hype and he'll be far better than Vettori and other top left arm spinners etc and where is he now? :p

Hauritz has surprised me I admit, but good on him for making more of his test career than many thought he would.

Last edited: