Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Harris vs. Hauritz vs. Swann

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    But you can show Swann's superiority statistically anyway. Batsmen average 37.10 in matches involving Swann and 32.66 in matches involving Hauritz. In other words, Swann's bowled on much, much more batsman-friendly pitches than Hauritz has, but they both come out with the same average. Something that anyone who's followed both their careers will know anyway, but it's good to show it in numbers.
    So what you're saying is that matches involving Bangladesh are played on much more batsman-friendly pitches than those involving Australia? Surely we're ignoring a variable here, like the general quality of the bowling attack.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Well, I doubt Swannie of Harris would have held on to that catch that (arguably) turned the match into Australia's favour. 2 Michelle's for Haurie in the last 2 tests and being Australian give him the edge to me :P
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Thought Harris had a shocker today, ftr. Duminy outbowled him and then some.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

gwo
    U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    I reckon Swann's a better bowler, not by that much though. And I'm just really enjoying watching a guy grow into his role as a Test cricketer, especially one who copped a lot of unfair criticism. Sheffield Shield cricket is pretty unforgiving as a spinner, and I think a lot of people forget that.

They also don't understand that subtlety is the greatest variation a spinner can have, and that's something that doesn't get picked up by armchair critics.

QFT.

Swann marginally ahead still but really impressed by how both have performed tbh.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Well, I doubt Swannie of Harris would have held on to that catch that (arguably) turned the match into Australia's favour. 2 Michelle's for Haurie in the last 2 tests and being Australian give him the edge to me :P
    Hauritz has got some serious guts - that was a brilliant, brave take and the way he kept on bowling in the second dig despite having had his hand redesigned at Lord's was impressive as well.

I'm still taking Swanneh, but Hauritz is doing a fine job in the role Australia want for a spinner to do right now, and he can be very pleased with the way he's got on. Nonetheless, I won't be losing sleep about him next winter.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    So what you're saying is that matches involving Bangladesh are played on much more batsman-friendly pitches than those involving Australia? Surely we're ignoring a variable here, like the general quality of the bowling attack.
    The quality of the batting lineup too. But I reckon England have a better attack and worse batting lineup than Australia so really that's also in favour of Swanneh.

And if you're not willing to buy that, you can just have watched their respective careers so far to know Swanneh's played on the flattest of flatties.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I'd never really seen Hauritz bowl before the Ashes. Upon hearing all the talk of him I expected to see the sort of delivery that I tend to send down, so he certainly is a LOT better than people make out. I do actually think he's a good bowler, I just think Swannehhhh is better, but then Swannehhhhh is the Bradman of bowling so it's all good
    So you're predicting he'll end up with a bowling average of 99.94? Interesting.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    So you're predicting he'll end up with a bowling average of 99.94? Interesting.
    And it's going, going, gone! 6 runs.
    ★★★★★

My opinion on Hauritz this summer has changed a lot and I do rate him as a Tets bowler, the Pakistani batsmen have underestimated him at times and look at what has happened to them. I see him ATM as someone who is getting the most out of his ability as a bowler at Test. Obviously the real acid test will be when/if he comes up against India and Sehwag is in one of his 'moods' where he is smashing all and sundry to all parts of the cricket ground. Whether or not he will hold his nerve when Sehwag is thinking "letz hitz sixez' and go for plenty or do what Krejza did and pick up 8 wickets in an innings.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    My opinion on Hauritz this summer has changed a lot and I do rate him as a Tets bowler, the Pakistani batsmen have underestimated him at times and look at what has happened to them. I see him ATM as someone who is getting the most out of his ability as a bowler at Test. Obviously the real acid test will be when/if he comes up against India and Sehwag is in one of his 'moods' where he is smashing all and sundry to all parts of the cricket ground. Whether or not he will hold his nerve when Sehwag is thinking "letz hitz sixez' and go for plenty or do what Krejza did and pick up 8 wickets in an innings.
    Basically a better version of Harris.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Yeah, I've only ever seen Hauritz really spin one using the rough. However, he gets good bounce, drift and flight, which make him acceptable as a test offie.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Are there any spinners in the world would wouldn't have a tough day in the office if they come across Sehwag-in-the-mood on an unresponsive deck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Swann just got MOTS in an away series to Saffa in case it passed you by
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Lol nice.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information