• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Bond - Retirement and Tributes

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
They should make all NZ pitches green tops...it's what we used to be known for. Now we are known for ****house slow pieces of crap which don't deteriorate, just become slower and crapper for everyone.
Indeed sir. Very surprised at some of the flat decks i've seen in recent years from NZ, especially on recent AUS & ENG tours there.

bagapath

International Captain
Shame that a bloke with his talent never played as many tests as he could have. He was great to watch imo.
he played as much as he could. and yes he was great to watch. good luck catching the robbers policeman bond!

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't say I'm surprised. I'm done caring about Bond's contribution to NZ cricket - test or otherwise. If he turns up for ODIs, super - but I'm not going to worry if he's there or not.
Yup, that's been my attitude for the last 2-3 years now - I've had no expectations & If he plays it's a bonus

Zinzan

Indeed sir. Very surprised at some of the flat decks i've seen in recent years from NZ, especially on recent AUS & ENG tours there.
Believe it or not, before India's tour earlier this year the BCCI had apparently made a big deal about the batsmen-unfriendly green tracks India had played on in the previous tours & wanted better batting tracks. I agree NZ should tell them to p-off & should prepare conditions that the opposition will least enjoy like we used to & like every other cricketing nation does.

bagapath

International Captain
Believe it or not, before India's tour earlier this year the BCCI had apparently made a big deal about the batsmen-unfriendly green tracks India had played on in the previous tours & wanted better batting tracks. I agree NZ should tell them to p-off & should prepare conditions that the opposition will least enjoy like we used to & like every other cricketing nation does.
disgusting behavior by BCCI. is there a link to this news?

Flem274*

123/5
Pressure really on Martin to find his old destructive self, Tuffey to find his 03 self, Southee to improve to test standard when its not hooping all over the place.

Arnel will likely be the guy they call in and its a deserved call up. Tough debut but he's a good player, hope he makes it in tests.

Zinzan

Bad news.

But at least we will be good at ODIs wonder if he will play against Australia.
His added value to the NZ's ODI/T20 side is marginal relative to the extra boost he gives the Test team. Although one can hardly blame him, dude has a young family coupled with the fact that the big money comes from one direction

Somehow the ICC have to leverage more of the proceeds it makes from ODI & T20s in terms of players payment for Test cricketers whilst balancing it by also ensuring they maintain these ODI &T20s that earn the revenue it the first place. Not an easy assignment, must be said

Last edited:

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Improves our chances of doing well in the next World Cup, don't think he would of lasted had he kept playing Tests.

A bit disappointing to see both Bond and O'Brien go at the same time, especially consider they both came off one of their better test performances.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dammit! Saw this thread before but thought someone had dug up the old thread from when he last retired and ignored it.

I'm surprised he didn't wait until after Australia tbh :(