• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please can the ICC ban CSA from world cricket!!

jboss

Banned
I want to vomit when I read things like this... Sport - Error

Clearly CSA are alone in world cricket and not trying to find a team on merit. A search on cricket south africa on wikipedia gives clear reasons for us being banned due to racial ploicies in team selection and in the last 10 years these have had an impact on cricket for other countries. I am not going to lay into the quality of english cricket but I think it is disgusting that they won the ashes under Vaughn thanks to a big part from CSA racist polcies that drove KP to thier shores. There is nothing more sickening than watching us not win a test match either because the other team has a bat that left because of this kind of BS. Good luck to CSA and thier objectives. I now support Norway **** this ****.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Majola says -

Although there is always likely to be pressure, particularly from politicians, Majola said black Africans would not be rushed into the national side just to ensure representivity.

"We will never put any player in the national team unless they are ready," he said.

I find nothing wrong with South African selections at the moment. Colored players like Amla are making the team on merit.

As usual, you are over reacting and need to calm down.

Last edited:

jboss

Banned
Majola says -

Although there is always likely to be pressure, particularly from politicians, Majola said black Africans would not be rushed into the national side just to ensure representivity.

"We will never put any player in the national team unless they are ready," he said.

I find nothing wrong with South African selections at the moment. Colored players like Amla are making the team on merit.

Then you obviously forgot to read : "Gerald Majola, chief executive of Cricket South Africa, said unearthing and nurturing black African talent was a top priority, but what happens when Ntini is no longer a part of the side?" So what about white talent? And what exactly happens when Ntini leaves? Does the world come to an end? I wonder if the WI feel the same if Nash leaves? Wtf is this ****? When the words black or white are used by the governing sports body it sounds very muvh like things are about colour just like apertheid erra.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What's wrong with nurturing blacks to develop them. A majority of the population is black but the people who play cricket are mostly white.

jboss

Banned
What's wrong with nurturing blacks to develop them. A majority of the population is black but the people who play cricket are mostly white.
Well it is thier top priority unlike other countries who probably don't look at race when they wish to develop future talent. What about all the whites/indians? Are they not a top priority? Why are no white footballers being developed too? The fact that whites don't play forrbals is also sure to injustices of previous governemnt polcicies and needs to be adressed too surely? No one seems to mension that though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Majola says -

There's a difference between only picking black Africans when they are ready and only picking them when they are best players available, though. At any given time there are many, many players in each country who you could argue were "ready" for Test cricket, but only eleven actually get to play.

Personally I think the idea of targeting certain races and promoting and encouraging their skills above others is inherently as racist as it gets, regardless of the motives and over-riding thought process, so I actually do agree with jboss to an extent. If players start getting picked for South Africa because they are black and they wouldn't have been picked if they weren't, we have a big, big problem. As it stands there aren't any cricketers playing for South Africa who I'd just consider to be 'quota' selections, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be if Duminy, Prince, Amla and Ntini didn't exist or were worse cricketers than they are.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
jboss - West Indies had a team of all whites. They used the blacks to fetch the balls from the sugar cane fields. That is how the black started taking interest in the game. Initially, the blacks were asked to and eventually black bowlers made the team.

Eventually a few black batsmen broke tradition and made the team. For the past few decades or so we have seen a mostly black West Indies team.

South Africa has huge potential in the black population and I don't see it is a problem that it is one of their main priorities to develop it. What's the fun with only a minority playing?

Some one can raise the question that cricket in South Africa hasn't developed among blacks for so many years, so how will it now. In India, most cricketers came from Mumbai, then major cities. Only in the last decade have cricketers started coming from small towns. It should be a top priority of the BCCI to develop cricket in the grass roots every where in India because the cities are not the only population which exist in India.

Why do you feel disgruntled if blacks and colored players make the team, that too on merit. Heh.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There's a difference between only picking black Africans when they are ready and only picking them when they are best players available, though. At any given time there are many, many players in each country who you could argue were "ready" for Test cricket, but only eleven actually get to play.

Personally I think the idea of targeting certain races and promoting and encouraging their skills above others is inherently as racist as it gets, regardless of the motives and over-riding thought process, so I actually do agree with jboss to an extent. If players start getting picked for South Africa because they are black and they wouldn't have been picked if they weren't, we have a big, big problem. As it stands there aren't any cricketers playing for South Africa who I'd just consider to be 'quota' selections, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be if Duminy, Prince, Amla and Ntini didn't exist or were worse cricketers than they are.
Don't pick players who are black. But develop them as they are your majority population and they don't play that much proper cricket. There is nothing racist about that. That is breaking the race barrier, in fact.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't pick players who are black. But develop them as they are your majority population and they don't play that much proper cricket. There is nothing racist about that. That is breaking the race barrier, in fact.
I have no issue with development programs being set up in areas that aren't traditionally cricket strongholds and looking at ways to target uncapped demographics - that's all a part of growth and development. But Cricket South Africa has taken it several steps too far by introducing selection quotas (both official and unofficial at times) and simply focusing too much on it. Target advertising, funding etc into it - sure, but selection should not be biased and, frankly, it is. It's not having much of an effect at the top level as it stands because there are some quality coloured players to pick from anyway, but if there weren't they'd be in the team regardless and the biggest problems come at the domestic and youth levels where the politics of the matter is really pushed. Many of the people involved aren't in it to grow cricket to other areas, but to satisfy a political desire to have the national team represent certain groups individually rather than just the best cricketers in the country.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't have a problem with few number of players in the XI who are colored players picked based on race as it helps long term in the development of black players. Wouldn't want blacks to be picked in the African state and international teams but it has to be done at club level.

When the West Indians weren't encouraging white players, a 'black club' came up. The entire rebel club of sorts and its players were strictly black. At the initial point, and it is just that in history, blacks have to be encouraged at club level. The idealist way looks good on paper but doesn't work practically.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Can a mod please just merge every thread ever started by jboss into one. They're all exactly the same. It's actually a breach of forum rules isn't it, when a new thread is started so regularly on the same topic?

jboss

Banned
1st account yucca if u wanna check it up.... don't see the point though as the wprse that can happen is an IP ban which I can get around anyway and why waste the time? I believe in freedom of speech and I know such things don't exist on internet but all it would prove is that there are a bunch of tossers here who don't believe in human rights. Tankfully there a numerous amount of ways to garuntee I have a voice even with an IP ban. :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Personally I think the idea of targeting certain races and promoting and encouraging their skills above others is inherently as racist as it gets, regardless of the motives and over-riding thought process, so I actually do agree with jboss to an extent.
It would be if the 50 years prior to that didn't happen.