• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has more money made the Australian cricketers bogans?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lee is waaay too pretty to be a bogan.

I'm rather enjoying this thread actually. On a related note, many thanks to Paul Stirling for improving Ireland's spide quota:

Interesting mix of Paul 'Fatty' Vautin and Peter Sterling's names there. Lovechild perhaps? Looks a bit like the former!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always do a double take when I see "thongs" used for what we call flip-flops over here. Conjours up some strange mental pictures of hairy arsed blokes with g-strings pulled right up their cracks. :ph34r:

Er, anyway, bogan more of an American style "white trash" kinda thing then?
:laugh:

Had an interesting conversation with an Irish bloke in a hostel in Byron re: the thongs/flip flops thing. Said we were off to buy some thongs and he gave us a strange look. Got back and he asked us how we went, said 'Good, bought a nice pair of thongs'. He said, 'My arse is too hairy to wear a thong'. Cue pause while this sunk in and then, 'NO, you wear them on your feet. Jesus!' haha Raucous mirth ensued.

pasag

RTDAS
Always do a double take when I see "thongs" used for what we call flip-flops over here. Conjours up some strange mental pictures of hairy arsed blokes with g-strings pulled right up their cracks. :ph34r:

Er, anyway, bogan more of an American style "white trash" kinda thing then?
Nah not really either. TBH, it's pretty much the only thing that's culturally unique about our country so it's hard to compare.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah not really either. TBH, it's pretty much the only thing that's culturally unique about our country so it's hard to compare.
NZders apparently beg to differ.

Plus you've got Vegemite and Aussie Rules which have never really made the global consciousness leap. Can't imagine why, like... :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well given that i am termed as a chav according to our English culture. I struggle to see how any AUS players are chav's :laugh:. Do the AUS team outside of the cricket field:

- Wear fitted caps back to front
- Wear baggy jeans, with there underpants showing
- Wear baggy t-shirts
- Wear Jordan sneakers or air-forces
- Wear BIG platinum & gold chains
- Smoke weed on the corner

I would think not. People in ENG here call KP & Flintoff chavs i have never understood why TBH.
You are beyond cool

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well given that i am termed as a chav according to our English culture. I struggle to see how any AUS players are chav's :laugh:. Do the AUS team outside of the cricket field:

- Wear fitted caps back to front
- Wear baggy jeans, with there underpants showing
- Wear baggy t-shirts
- Wear Jordan sneakers or air-forces
- Wear BIG platinum & gold chains
- Smoke weed on the corner

I would think not. People in ENG here call KP & Flintoff chavs i have never understood why TBH.
That's more refugee from a 90s rap video than chav/bogan, ain't it?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
That's more refugee from a 90s rap video than chav/bogan, ain't it?
My understanding how people are termed "chav" in England is anyone whose dresscode, behaviour, speech etc is different from the traditional English culture. I could be wrong somewhere, but i hate the word anyway, hate when people call me it..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My understanding how people are termed "chav" in England is anyone whose dresscode, behaviour, speech etc is different from the traditional English culture. I could be wrong somewhere, but i hate the word anyway, hate when people call me it..
No, it is not someone who dresses differently but someone who dresses and acts like a moron.