Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lou Vincent - one more shot

Lou Vincent - one more shot

I knew Vincent was going to make himself available for Auckland this summer but this article seems to say he may be interested in playing for NZ again. I'd thought he'd counted that out but he says is interested in getting 'back to the top level' (unless that means trying to qualify for England in two years ). Seeing as he's been playing fairly low level cricket in the interim he will have a way to go to get there.

Seemed to be someone who could play all the shots but struggled with the mental side of batting. If he's in a better state of mind now then it would be great to see him scoring lots of runs and possibly eventually playing again for NZ (though not as an opener).

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Fantastic news. Could give our Test side a real shot in the arm at 3, 5 or 6.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Debutant
    Really hope he is committed to getting back to the top. A fantastically talented batsman. Wouldn't mind seeing him slot in at 3.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Pretty undecided on Vincent. Could go from woeful to amazing and back and forth again at a moments notice.

He was a better test player than ODI player and test match batsmen are what we need now so its good to have him in the mix for tests as opposed to ODIs where we have a pretty good line up.

Before he was shafted by Bracewell for refusing to open he was having a pretty good run with the bat, would be nice to have him back at that point but with his illness I'm not sure if he'll be reliable. Its not fair to put a guy in the pressure cooker environment that is NZ batting if he's under attack from his own mind.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    He ran of for the big bucks, **** em I say. Loved watching Vincent bat when I was younger but he took of for the ICL and pretty much told NZC to piss off, we should return the favour tbh.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson, MJ Santner and IS Sodhi, TL Seifert and ZN Gibson

International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Doubt it. NZ cricket needs Vincent more than Vincent needs NZ cricket.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    He ran of for the big bucks, **** em I say. Loved watching Vincent bat when I was younger but he took of for the ICL and pretty much told NZC to piss off, we should return the favour tbh.
    Like Bond?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Pretty undecided on Vincent. Could go from woeful to amazing and back and forth again at a moments notice.

He was a better test player than ODI player and test match batsmen are what we need now so its good to have him in the mix for tests as opposed to ODIs where we have a pretty good line up.

Before he was shafted by Bracewell for refusing to open he was having a pretty good run with the bat, would be nice to have him back at that point but with his illness I'm not sure if he'll be reliable. Its not fair to put a guy in the pressure cooker environment that is NZ batting if he's under attack from his own mind.
    He was averaging 45+ for the season and a half he was back in the Test side, then got dumped after Zimbabwe for speaking his mind. Recalled once on the shambles tour of South Africa. Still has a better average opening the batting than How, McIntosh, Guptill, Cumming et al.

He got ****ed around a lot by Bracewell, I don't blame him. It'd be like being treated like **** by your employer and being paid peanuts while doing so - would you turn down a chance at better pay and easier work? **** no.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Like Bond?
    No. Bond signed with the ICL thinking he could still play for New Zealand. Vincent took of asking for his national contract to be torn up so he could sign with the ICL.

Bond's and Vincent's situation's were completly different.

No. Bond signed with the ICL thinking he could still play for New Zealand. Vincent took of asking for his national contract to be torn up so he could sign with the ICL.

Bond's and Vincent's situation's were completly different.
    Na, Vincent had his own reasons. Like his depression.

Na, Vincent had his own reasons. Like his depression.
    Pfft. So is depression was going to get better by going to play cricket in India for two months?

If his depression was that bad he would have asked for his contract to be torn up and he would of taken a break from all cricket. Craig McMillan said the same types of things when he asked for his contract to be torn up, he apparently had health and family issues but this didn't stop him from playing in the Hong Kong sixes and signing for the ICL right away did it?

Quote Originally Posted by howsie View Post
    pfft. So is depression was going to get better by going to play cricket in india for two months?

If his depression was that bad he would have asked for his contract to be torn up and he would of taken a break from all cricket. Craig mcmillan said the same types of things when he asked for his contract to be torn up, he apparently had health and family issues but this didn't stop him from playing in the hong kong sixes and signing for the icl right away did it?

Pfft. So is depression was going to get better by going to play cricket in India for two months?

If his depression was that bad he would have asked for his contract to be torn up and he would of taken a break from all cricket. Craig McMillan said the same types of things when he asked for his contract to be torn up, he apparently had health and family issues but this didn't stop him from playing in the Hong Kong sixes and signing for the ICL right away did it?
    Obviously you have a degree in Psychology.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Obviously you have a degree in Psychology.
    To make matters worse for ol' Howsie, McMillan's aforementioned illness was the diabetes he had throughout his entire playing career.

To make matters worse for ol' Howsie, McMillan's aforementioned illness was the diabetes he had throughout his entire playing career.
    Which he used as an excuse to get out of his contract.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information