• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft Version 2.0

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For those not familiar with the first Sheep Draft, I ask a question for example:
- Select a Cricket with a highest Test score over 250?

You email your answer to me, if someone else selects the same player as you, neither of you get that player. You then have a second and third chance, but after 3 unsuccessful attempts another selector gets to chose a player for you, so you are most likely left with the worst player possible.

There will be 12 rounds in total, giving you a chance to balance your final XI a bit more as you'll have no idea what questions are coming.

I'll start this thing once we get at least 8 people, happy for us to have more than 8 though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cant be a regular as I can't promise to be online at the times expected. I am on CW every day of the week though, at some point or the other.. So if that is ok, would love to be in. Otherwise, I will be happy judging this one from the outside along with the others. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In so far
metallics2006
Matt79
Blakus
Somerset
G.I.Joe
fredfertang
honestbharani
Michaelf7777777
Marcuss
Samuel_Vimes

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll give you all an example of how this will work.
Question 1A Select a Cricketer with a highest Test score of over 250?
metallics2006 - Don Bradman
Matt79 - Don Bradman
Blakus - Jacques Kallis
Somerset - Wasim Akram
G.I.Joe - Martin Crowe

I would write back:
metallics2006 - fail (bradman)
Matt79 - fail (bradman)
Blakus - fail (didn't meet criteria Kallis)
Somerset - PASS
G.I.Joe - PASS

So 1b would mean metallics, matt and blakus have to pick again
Metallics - Wasim Akram
Matt - Stephen Fleming
Blakus - Martin Crowe

I would write back
Metallics - fail (Akram chosen in 1a)
Matt - pass
Blakus - fail (Crowe chosen in 1a)

So 1c would be for Metallics and Blakus
Metallics - VVS Laxman
Blakus - Stephen Fleming

Metallics - pass
Blakus - fail (fleming chosen in 1b)

so that would mean the next person to post will select a player for Blakus, it's recommended to chose the worst player so perhaps Bryan Young would be Blakus player.

Round 1 final results
metallics2006 - VVS Laxman
Matt79 - Stephen Fleming
Blakus - Bryan Young
Somerset - Wasim Akram
G.I.Joe - Martin Crowe

I'll be doing 2 questions at a time, so say the name has been selected in rounds 2a and 1c, the 2a selection would actually count..

I hope that it's not too confusing, I'll start in a minute..

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Okay, so starting now... you have 24 hours to email me at sheepdraft@hotmail.com

Question 1a
Name a Cricketer who has scored equal or more 100s than 50s in his Test Career. (minimum of 1 100)

Question 2a
Steve Waugh took 92 Test wickets compared with Mark Waugh's 59 wickets. Select a Cricketer who falls in the gap between the Waugh's total number of Test wickets? so between 92 and 59 wickets :)

Just a reminder any Cricketer listed as a FAIL will go onto a banned list and you will not be able to select that player again, unless otherwise stated.

So please email your answers to sheepdraft@hotmail.com within the next 24 hours of this post.

Just a reminder others can play too but they must join within the next 24 hours. :)

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep it doesn't include those numbers, so over 59 but under 92.

BTW could everyone please write your username in the subject, cheers.
Ah sorry, sent mine. Did finish the email with my username though :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah just checked the email, all good, I figured it was you. :)

Received emails from fredfertang and Marcuss so far.