• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best left handed batsman of all time

Best left handed batsman

• Total voters

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Best XI of lefties?

Hayden
Anwar
Harvey
Pollock
Lara
Sobers
Gilchrist
Davidson
Akram
Underwood
Bedi

trapol

U19 12th Man
And you can play against my team

G Smith
G Kirsten
D Gower
A Border
S Chanderpaul
C Lloyd
K Sangakkara
D Vettori
R Hadlee
M Johnson
M Aamer

Game to be played in 10 years time when final two bowlers have earnt their strips

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Does Gilchrist really belong in this discussion ahead of batsmen like Alan Border, Mathew Hayden, David Gower etc ?

chalky

International Debutant
Absence of Border from this poll an absolute disgrace tbh.
AWTA Look at Border's record the bowlers he faced, the (lack of) support he had. Border averaged 50 when it meant something severely underrated I think.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it is a joke that adam gilchrist is listed here and border is not...anyway clearly sobers followed by lara and pollock for me...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
And you can play against my team

G Smith
G Kirsten
D Gower
A Border
S Chanderpaul
C Lloyd
K Sangakkara
D Vettori
R Hadlee
M Johnson
M Aamer

Game to be played in 10 years time when final two bowlers have earnt their strips
Ha fair enough. But i think Bruce Reid, Vass should be in this team ahead of Johnson & Aamer ATS TBF. Plus Wilfred Rhodes or Verity>Vettori IMO. Aparthied banned Stephen Jefferies is also a good option.

You could also consider Vinno Mankad's left-arm spin as all-rounder to bat in the top 6/7 as well.

bagapath

International Captain
jayasuriya
morris
sobers
border *
leyland
woolley
gilchrist +
akram
davidson
wardle
peel

replaced hayden, harvey and lara coz they bowled with their right hand!!!

Last edited: